The Sr. Product Applications Manager is responsible for leadership of the Operations & Technical Services submissions team in managing the implementation and distribution of NBCUniversal’s applications for mobile phones, tablets, connected televisions and other consumer platforms. Responsibilities also include communication with delivery partners & NBCU Business Units, submissions processes, new product implementation & evaluation, best practice recommendations, internal communications of industry information, as well as identifying gaps in the current programs and services. Position reports to the Director, Mobile Products and will be located in either New York City, New York or Los Angeles, California.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Manage the delivery team for NBCUniversal’s applications to various storefronts such as the iTunes App Store and Google Play
• Lead functional and cross-functional teams in defining, implementing and supporting key application strategies, product initiatives, and setting up new distribution channels. Interface with designers, developers and project managers to create applications that leverage characteristics of their respective platforms
• Developing and issuing RFPs and leading partner evaluations, POCs and procurement together with Corporate Sourcing and cross-functional internal teams to engage new application developers
• Support NBCUniversal’s digital businesses by providing advice, case studies and best practices for the development of applications
• Serve as the single point of contact for NBCUniversal’s application distribution channels such as Apple, Google and Microsoft
• Identify and select solutions that will improve the functionality of NBCUniversal’s application portfolio
• Partner with Director, Mobile Products to evangelize applications best practices in effort to grow and create a successful applications business within NBCU
• Support NBCUniversal’s corporate strategy and deal teams with case studies, analytics and roadmap information related to NBCUniversal’s application portfolio.
• Understand technical requirements for implementing new products and services, including device capabilities, delivery mechanisms, etc.
• Manage internal communication of Connected Device industry information and its relevance/impact to NBCU (market trends, new players/codecs/OS releases enhancements, etc.) to Operations & Technical Services team and larger NBCU business community
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
• Minimum 3 years work experience within the digital industry working directly on one or more of the following: Messaging, Web, Video, Applications
• Minimum 3 years work experience within the media/television industry
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: TBD)
Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
Must be 18 years or older
• Experience using XCode, Eclipse or XNA Studio
• Familiarity with feed systems and content-management systems
• Experience developing technology products for a major media company
• Experience managing direct reports.
• Proven track record for producing and launching apps
• Experience/familiarity with Connected Device manufactures, OEM’s, and Distribution Channels.
• Strong aptitude and desire to work in the ever-changing world of Connected Device technologies
• Passion for Connected Devices technology and for television programming in general
• Excellent organizational skills and communication skills both verbal and written
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 15 months ago
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...