Headway Technologies and SAE Magnetics, another subsidiary in TDK‘s Magnetic Head Business Group, work together to meet the needs of our storage customers. It is the role of the Senior Product Design Engineer to lead/coordinate product and process development activities to ensure customer acceptance and prompt product qualification at one or more of Headway’s customers. Additional responsibilities include achieving yield improvement through wafer design optimization of Headway’s head technologies.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Job Specification and Requirements*
- Identify key program performance requirements and evaluate various design/process options to meet customer needs.
- Perform analysis of performance and yield data to correlate to wafer designs.
- Initiate and maintain communication with SAE and with customers to get updated product status information and keep SAE and customers informed of wafer improvement plans.
- Communicate with Headway internal groups on the latest product status.
Work Schedule, Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Qualified candidates must have a strong technical education (minimum BS in Physics, EE/ME/MSE or a related field).
- Candidates must also have an advanced understanding of Disk Drives and read/write head technology and a t least five (5) years of related experience in product development, application, or test engineering .
- In addition, candidates must have excellent communication skills and experience interacting with customers as well as other groups within the Company.
This is a day shift position, Monday through Friday. Customers are in Asia requiring communication in the late afternoon/evening. Therefore work schedules may be periodically adjusted. This position will also require occasional travel to customer sites in Asia.
Monster - 17 months ago
Headway Technologies is making progress in the disk drive market. The company designs and manufactures recording heads for computer disk...