(NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 20 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
The Senior Product Manager – Connectivity is responsible for the development of device integration relationships with medical device manufacturers as well as integration relationships with worldwide Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) vendors. The role involves interaction with Customers, Sales, Service, Operations, Engineering, Masimo’s OEM support organization, Device Manufacturers, Hospital Information System vendors and Legal departments, as well as parallel marketing functions to introduce new device integrations and peripheral products, maintain and promote integrations in market, and recommend/organize and execute end-of-life device connectivity or integrations no longer contributing to Masimo’s objectives.
This job reports to: VP, Product Marketing. Reporting directly (or indirectly) to this position are the following job titles: Not applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with VP Product Marketing, Sales and Engineering to identify, prioritize and establish HIS integrations to occur in line with company strategy and revenue plans;
- Work with VP Product Marketing, Sale, OEM support organization and Engineering to identify, prioritize and establish medical device relationships for electronic connectivity to occur in line with company strategy and revenue plans;
- Understand and communicate electronic integrations with technical customers, engineering, and non-technical employees;
- Determine customers’integration needs by engaging with clinicians and healthcare IT support services;
- Manage integration relationships with device manufacturers and healthcare information systems vendors to ensure up-to-date protocols as well as emergence of new integration protocols;
- Articulate and prioritize customer needs with regard to integration solutions software development in priority of revenue and strategic objectives;
- Assess and track market competition by comparing Masimo’s products to competitors’ products using quantitative methods;
- Call on customers with salespeople and evaluate qualitative feedback;
- Quantify and track effectiveness and performance of existing integrations;
- Provide product information to management by preparing product sales forecasts, special reports and analyses;
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; market feedback; and by reviewing production and sales costs;
- Work with thought leaders/clinical investigators to gain product exposure endorsements and valuable feedback for improving design of the integrations;
- Assist in the training of other employees regarding product features, benefits and positioning;
- Perform special projects as requested.
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Five years of sales/business development and marketing experience with at least two years in software or integration product management;
- Requires mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
- A proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers, physicians, distributors, sales reps and employees at all levels with the organization;
- Very high bandwidth individual dedicated to Masimo and the chosen career; Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Experience working in both large structured and small entrepreneurial organizations; Must be sensitive to the constraints of a "start-up" operation and capable of working effectively in such an environment, and possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Comfortable with the FDA and international medical device regulatory processes for new product introduction;
- Must be PC (MS Office suite) literate and have excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Must be a self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Healthcare sales and or support experience with hospital IT organizations;
- Significant technical experience with healthcare informatics and low-level device integration
Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required. Advanced degree business administration or engineering is preferred
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Must be able to travel by air (domestic/international) up to 40% of the time. Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds when necessary. Some local travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is proud to be an EOE, M/F/D/V, and we value and are committed to Diversity at every level.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE*** Thank you!
Masimo - 30+ days ago
As important as the blood running through your veins is the oxygen it carries. Masimo knows that and makes tools that monitor arterial...