The Product Manager will manage products and programs within the Life Sciences business, including the Erenna instrument and associated software, immunoassays and services. The Product Manager will be responsible for internal and external facing aspects of product management for these products such as defining and executing on product enhancements and new product development, product positioning, revenue planning, forecasting and pricing. The ideal candidate will oversee lifecycle management, be responsible to lead and collect voice of customer for product development, participate on cross functional teams to ensure product line and project goals are met and work collaboratively with the global sales and support teams to ensure commercial success of the products. This position ensures alignment of portfolio management with overall company objectives. The position is headquarters based; however frequent travel is required (more than 20%).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, management of product launches and sales training.
- Oversee product lifecycle management across Life Sciences portfolio, including instrumentation, software, reagents and services.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Understand products position within the marketplace and areas of competitive advantage.
- Identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value though product differentiation.
- Deliver product improvement or optimization priorities and corresponding business justification.
- Set pricing strategies to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Work with Marketing Communications to develop sales tools and collateral.
- Perform product introductions to customers.
- Brief and train the sales force at quarterly sales meetings and within field activities.
- Work closely with Marketing Communications, Product Development and R&D as the principal interface for new Life Sciences product commercialization.
- Maintain strong initiative and willingness to take ownership of the product line and drive projects to completion.
- Bachelors Degree in the life sciences required (preferably biology, biochemistry, cell biology, immunology or a similar discipline). Advanced degree in related field or MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in direct product management across instruments, reagents and services with proven success in bringing product to market.
- Understanding of and experience with immunoassays and related instrumentation preferred.
- Must have a strong command of the English language.
- This position will require managing multiple projects in a parallel manner, working in a matrix manner across different functional areas. To be successful, must have personal qualities that include flexibility, strong organizational skills, an ability to think out of the box, and a keen ability to work effectively with others in a fast paced highly productive environment.
- Excellent cross-functional team participation skills.
- Consistently displays a positive, patient attitude and extends respect and courtesy toward Supervisors and peers alike.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Results and goals oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment; flexible and quickly adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to inculcate the Singulex Top-5 core values and serve as positive example to team members and others within the organization.
- Effective personal communication skills, shares knowledge with excellent training skills.
- Having integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Passionate for both personal and corporate success.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as a member of a team.
- Commitment to quality.
- Enthusiasm, attention to detail, the ability to meet aggressive deadlines, ability to think out of the box, and ability to work effectively with others in a fast paced, highly-productive environment.
Singulex - 17 months ago