Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience: Product Development, Systems Engineering, Project Management
Basic Function: Cambrian Innovation is seeking a dynamic candidate to take a lead product development role in the commercialization of cutting‐edge environmental technology. The successful candidate will lead and manage product development efforts within the company and manage external partnerships. The candidate will have a background in system engineering and integration, or a related field, experience in project management, and at least 5 years of practical experience managing and integrated complex technology. The ideal candidate should have familiarity with process engineering, electrical engineering, control systems development, and mechanical design, as well as basic knowledge of manufacturing processes and approaches. The individual should be capable of managing small to mid‐scale projects including integration of multiple partners and suppliers to complete projects on schedule and at cost. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the environment, will thrive in a fast‐paced entrepreneurial setting, be self‐motivated and have an interest in cutting edge technology.
- Lead, support, and improve product design with clear communication and recommendations based on data and rationale.
- Coordinate the product development activities, interfacing with and managing partners, and managing a small team of engineers and technologists.
- Manage sourcing and manufacturing efforts.
- Manage the construction and operation of treatment systems and demo scale facilities.
- Provide quantitative technical/economic analysis of designs to optimize efficiency and reduce costs.
- Provide critical input to resolve process/integration issues related to design, manufacturing, and fabrication.
- Travel to pilot sites to review results, and on‐site management of pilot systems.
- 5 years’ experience, or Masters + 3 years’ experience in Systems Engineering, Industrial
Engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of water, wastewater, or related environmental engineering technologies.
- Project Management experience involving management of scope, schedule and budget.
- Experience managing consultants and engineering service vendors across a range of technical disciplines.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills. Must exhibit strong leadership ability and have a professional demeanor.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Management of pilot‐scale and large‐scale installations
- An understanding of modern project management
- Knowledge of wastewater processing technologies
- Good Customer relations skills
- Experience with electrochemical systems
- Experience developing PID and PFDs
- Understanding of basic fabrication techniques
- Professional engineers (PE) highly encouraged
Company Description: Cambrian Innovation is a leader in the development of environmental solutions using biotechnology. Spun out of MIT in 2006, Cambrian has scaled and validated solutions to recover resources from wastewater, eliminate energy required for wastewater treatment, radically reduce the cost of nitrate‐nitrogen treatment, and help agricultural operations monitor their inputs more easily and efficiently. Its flagship product, EcoVolt™, is the world’s first and only industrial‐scale, bioelectrically enhanced wastewater treatment system, empowering food and beverage companies to cut water and energy costs while monetizing their wastewater. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Cambrian Innovation can be found online at www.cambrianinnovation.com.