100318BR Job Family Marketing & Advertising Job Category Full-Time Job Classification Experienced/Established Division Abbott Diabetes Care Shift First Relocation Assistance Within Country Overview Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries. Job Description PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:
This is a second-level generic marketing position. Assists in the direction of marketing strategies and tactics for the ADC business. Assists in all core marketing activities and business processes. Aids in the development of long-term strategic plans for the business and assists in the direction of resource allocations and marketing guidance for the various ADC sales channels. Provides direction and marketing input to assigned sales channels relating to product support and/or product development activities. Serves as product expert with a high degree of market and competitive knowledge. Oversees execution of sales support activities relating to assigned products. Learns and has knowledge of the core marketing responsibilities and business processes. Manages relationships across functions to ensure optimal outcome for brand. Responsible for analysis, planning, and implementation of tactical programs. Executes the day to day promotional material approval process for the brand. Serve as primary contact for other functional groups (sales training, meeting & conventions, sales operations, channel marketing.) Reports directly into various channel Marketing Managers including, Brand Marketing Managers.
ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Manages multiple core marketing responsibilities and business processes.
- Identifies problems and conceptualizes solutions using creativity and innovation.
- Responsible for analysis, planning, implementation of tactical programs.
- Assists in sales meeting planning and tactical execution.
- Champions brand both internally and externally.
- Executes the day to day promotional material approval process for the brand.
- Learns and has knowledge of the core marketing responsibilities and business processes.
- Conducts brand product overviews.
- Working knowledge of market analysis and planning process to implement tactics of brand plan.
- Understands resource allocation process to effectively track the brand budget.
- Understands role of functions and their interaction with brand team.
- Project management (how to execute projects and who to work with).
- Time management (prioritizes among multiple projects).
- Communicates with ad agency, setting clear direction.
- Understands product, therapeutic area and consumer.
- Serve as primary contact for other functional groups (sales training/sales operations/assigned sales channels).
- Annual planning process, including working with Finance and brand management, and making senior level presentations.
- Achieve sales goal.
- Follow up with field sales requests and needs. Skills/Experience Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including presentation and listening skills).
- High energy level and positive attitude; confidence.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Initiative and self-motivation; strong work ethic.
- Career ambition.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Leadership and team orientation; ability to work others; ability to work in a matrix's environment.
- 4 years sales/marketing background preferred.
Abbott Laboratories - 11 months ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....