The Senior Product Manager (SPM) is responsible for: Key Opinion Leader (KOL) identification and development, facilitation and oversight of Physician Advisory Boards and Speaker Bureau, HCP Speaker programs, development of speaker slide presentation decks, program management and convention strategy for Acorda's promoted products. In addition, the Senior Product Manager is the primary Marketing contact with Medical Affairs and represents the brand on the publication planning team. This individual works interdependently with brand management, sales, managed markets and medical affairs to assist in making sure the Health Care Professional (HCP) advocacy and communication strategies and tactics achieve desired business results. In addition, the Senior Product Manager ensures all strategies and tactics operate within full compliance of Acorda regulatory and legal policies.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned::
The SPM role is broken out into four key ‘role' areas: Business Planning, Customer Relationship Management, Tactical Execution and Resource Optimization. A description of the responsibilities is included under each of the roles. Please note that the Core Competencies and Key Behaviors for the SPM position are provided under a separate attachment.
BUSINESS PLANNING: The SPM actively leads and participates in planning and strategy meetings with internal client teams for marketing science and advocacy projects.
• Provides critical input in the areas of KOL development, HCP Speaker programs, convention strategiescommunication strategies and publication planning for the overall marketing strategic plan – short and long-term (i.e., 3 years out)
• Participates in brainstorming sessions with internal clients and creative team to ensure business objectives, strategies, and concerns have been raised
• Creates and owns the Advocacy Development Plan
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: The SPM serves as a key commercial contact in-house to build and sustain productive relationships for Acorda with key opinion leaders (KOLs).
• Implements the Advocacy Development Plan in conjunction with Medical Affairs
• Supports the identification and development of regional and national promotional speakers and advocates in alignment with the commercial strategies and goals
• Liaises with the field sales team and Medical Affairs in actively managing the field speaker database by monitoring speaker utilization and effectiveness and taking corrective action as warranted
• Cultivates relationships with national advocacy groups focused on Epilepsy
• Convenes and manages national and regional advisory boards as required
TACTICAL EXECUTION: The SPM is responsible for driving local market development initiatives.
• Manages the execution and pull-through of certain national science and advocacy commercial initiatives
• Executes national promotional advisory boards and roundtable programs
• Manages the planning / execution for key national exhibits and conventions (i.e., American Academy of Neurology, American Epilepsy Society, etc.) in conjunction with the Digital Strategy and Innovation team member and other brand management team members
• Facilitates strategic business interactions between internal and external customers (i.e. meetings between Acorda and national advocacy group leadership)
• Ensures all strategies and tactics operate within full compliance of Acorda regulatory and legal policies
• Interfaces with the Market Development Managers on a regular basis and enlists their assistance on specific regional activities in support of brand strategy and execution
RESOURCE OPTIMIZATION: The SPM ensures that the science and advocacy resources have been appropriately identified and are efficiently being utilized to achieve the desired results.
• Develops and manages the science and advocacy portion of the professional and consumer marketing budget and delivers on all marketing activity within agreed to budget
• Ensures the measurement (including monthly financial review) of program success with a consistent focus on ROI
• Manages vendor relationships involved with marketing science and advocacy initiatives
• Manages medical education agency of record for the brand
Education and/or Experience::
A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Management, Business or related field required. A Master's degree in Marketing, Management, Business or related field preferred. A minimum of five to seven years of progressive HCP brand management experience in the Specialty Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical industry including product launch experience required. Specialty launch experience preferred. Epilepsy experience strongly preferred.
• Strong in-depth knowledge of HCP and / or Consumer Healthcare Marketing, preferably in Specialty Biotech / Pharma
• Strong analytical skills with attention to fiscal management
• Practical understanding of market research, forecasting and analytics
Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: :
Other Skills and Abilities::
• Excellent verbal / presentation and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, team building, influencing and leadership skills
• Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
• Ability to effectively manage vendor relationships
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial-type environment
Location: Corporate Office:
This position requires the ability to work on-site 5 days per week in the Corporate office in Ardsley, NY.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• This position requires travel (including overnight stays); average travel for this position is 30-40% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives/ Travel is required for Regional, National and International meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Acorda Therapeutics - 20 months ago