As the Senior Product Manager in charge of courseware in the marketplace, you will help organize the world's information and establish the association between jobs, skills, and courseware. This critical role will be responsible for the strategy and implementation for presenting courseware in a way that is clear to consumers and optimized for search. You will work with content partners and manage a team of technical writers or subject matter experts who will describe, tag, and evaluate course content. This is a hands-on role so you must be willing and able to go from strategy to execution.
The successful candidate will be delivery-focused with a track record of producing innovative, customer-centric products. The ability to lead and communicate at all levels of the company and to outside vendors is a must.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Own and drive the strategy/direction of the courseware section of the marketplace based on a strong knowledge of the trends in software development tools and collaboration technologies.
- Lead a team which will curate a high volume of content in a compressed period of time.
- Manage relationships with external partners.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering and UX teams to deliver a high value customer experience.
- Define toolkits for outside vendors to curate their own content within the CMS system.
- Work with marketing and other cross functional teams to define and execute product roll-out plans.
- Monitor and analyze competing products and perform feature/functionality benchmarking.
- A minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in an educational platform environment in a product role.
- Experience in consumer program, product management and segment management desired.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing manage multiple, large, complex, integrated projects from inception to completion.
- Strong quantitative skills including modeling, financial analysis and using data to determine strategy.
- BS/BA, MBA preferred.
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in developing PowerPoint presentations and recommendations for senior leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build strong relationships at multiple levels of an organization (line employees to senior management).
- Self-motivated, with a well-developed ability to grasp assignments and manage from inception through to completion.
- Comfortable working a fast-changing environment and juggling multiple priorities.
- Passion about education and the emerging technologies that enhance education, learning, and job growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Apollo Group, Inc. and its subsidiary companies ('Apollo') are committed to being Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers. We embrace and celebrate the unique qualities of our employees including race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. The protected groups set forth in this policy are broader than what is covered by our Affirmative Action Plan.
It is the objective of Apollo to provide equal opportunity for employment. Through the recruitment and retention of a competitive diverse workforce, we can leverage our diversity and better understand our customers' needs as well as enhance the communities we serve. At Apollo, we believe diversity strengthens our competitive advantage.
Apollo makes decisions relative to employment, training, compensation, and promotion on the basis of job-related qualifications. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Apollo is committed to the principles of tolerance and respect, fair treatment, equal access and consideration, and recognition for contributions. All management personnel are accountable and share in the responsibility for adherence to the policy. Apollo is guided by the principle of equal opportunity and respect for others. Apollo's philosophy is based on the recognition of and value for the unique attribute brought to Apollo by each person. By keeping with these principles Apollo will successfully meet its corporate goals.
Apollo Group - 10 months ago
Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo Group)is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services at the high school,...