Sr. Product Manager, Education
Audible is a company with an extraordinary history. We invented the digital audiobook category in 1996 and have continued to bring innovative new features to readers and listeners worldwide. Our latest innovation, Immersion Reading, allows customers to read & listen simultaneously with real-time highlighting, creating an immersive reading experience and enhancing reading fluency and comprehension.
One of our next major innovations will be in education, and we’re looking for a dynamic product manager to lead this new high-visibility initiative. We’re looking for a sharp, entrepreneurial, problem-solver with a creative edge.
You’ll lead the product discovery process, present your recommendations, and work closely with design and development teams to launch your product. In addition to the proud sense of ownership, you’ll have the satisfaction knowing that your product is aimed to positively impact the lives of others.
We are a mission- and customer-driven, innovative technology company that serves to make people’s lives more interesting. Join us.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the product discovery process and present recommendations to senior leadership
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to align on your initial product scope
- Guide product requirements and user-experience wireframes, working directly with design and development leads
- Track development progress and manage scope changes
- Analyze product performance – obsess over customer satisfaction while also meeting business targets
- Manage the product roadmap, balancing near-term and long-term objectives
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work autonomously
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to communicate with a variety of constituencies, persuasively speak in public, and create and deliver presentations
- Results-driven, strategic thinker with ability to function in data-rich, metrics driven environment
- Excellent oral and communications skills to express complex and analytical concepts with clarity
- 5+ years of experience in product management, software development, or consulting with a strong preference in the education industry. Other preferred industries include Internet, consumer electronics, mobile, or gaming
- Bachelors degree in a technical field (Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines consistently
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ownership mindset
- A passion for innovation and impact in education
Advanced Degree or MBA preferred.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Amazon.com - 17 months ago