We are looking for an entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and experienced Senior Product Manager who wants to be part of a fun and dynamic team working on the next generation of subscription products for CNBC. The role is part of the management team for this fast-growing start-up within an established big-media digital business.
Our ideal candidate has worked as a product manager in a digital subscription based business, where they have had strong exposure to back end systems but have also worked with consumer facing applications, along with direct experience in retail financial services in the areas of product management, product development and strategy.
As part of the Product Management team, you will be responsible for bridging technical and business worlds as you design technologies with our engineering staff and partner development shops.
You will build from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and market research. You must possess a blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You will lead matrix teams such as Sales, Marketing and Finance through the development, implementation, and management of an omni-platform digital product suite.
This role has a strategic element but will require strong tactical implementation skills and perseverance.
· Writes quality detailed business requirements documents (BRDs), including user interface specifications, according to the release schedule deadlines.
· Closely collaborates with User Experience professionals on user interface specifications supporting the business requirements.
· Works closely with Software Engineering, Marketing, and other business units to deliver web/mobile releases on schedule through business planning, requirements and user interface development, system engineering, and quality assurance phases.
· Acts as a platform expert, supporting the overall strategic roadmap to build innovative solutions and support business objectives
· Conducts idea generation, gap identification, feature prioritization, and feature definition for web/mobile products.
· Collaborates with business leads to evaluate financial attractiveness of business opportunities and identify projects that drive key business metrics.
· Evaluates market research, competitive analysis, and usability testing to apply findings for future enhancements.
· Communicates project plans, status, and issues to collaborators.
· Performs analysis to balance business needs, customer needs and technological capabilities when designing website features and enhancements.
· Deep knowledge and experience working with premium subscription products, investment services products, related distribution channels and industry trends
· Digital media industry experience
· Proven ability to think creatively and strategically as it relates to investing tools and product development.
· Experience in working with various development and project management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
· Must have experience in working with Digital organizations
· Must have worked with Subscription based E-Commerce systems
· Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with various groups to resolve conflicts
· Must have experience in working in a fast paced environment, and be able to handle multiple projects at the same time
· Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
· A bachelor’s degree is required
· FINRA Series 7, 63 preferred, but not required.
MBA is a plus.
NBC Universal - 15 months ago