Do you want to work for a company that has been named one of The Wall Street Journal top 50 startups and one of the 25 top start ups to bet your career on by Business Insider ?
Coupa is building a world-class company of experienced professionals and we could be looking for you. We are currently seeking a Senior Product Manager located in San Mateo, California.
As a Senior Product Manager for the Coupa Platform, you get to build highly innovative products with a very bright and passionate development team who thrives on reinventing the spend optimization space. With this role, you are in charge of defining the roadmap and leading the development of new products, or new releases from ideation to launch.
The Senior Product Manager role has both inbound and outbound responsibilities. Inbound responsibilities include maintaining a well-prioritized product backlog, doing thorough competitive analysis, creating detailed requirements & designs, meeting with internal customer champions and product experts, and working with UX designers and the development team to iterate designs and deliver new product capabilities. Outbound responsibilities include meeting with customers, prospects and industry analysts to evangelize the offering and gather input that shapes the product roadmap.
This job is for experienced product managers with passion for delivering innovation and customer success. Deep domain expertise in the spend optimization market is not required, but highly desired. This position reports into the VP of Product Management.
- Own the vision and roadmap for select product areas on the Coupa platform
- Understand market needs and user pain points, craft product solutions to address them, phase solutions to deliver incremental business value
- Document & Prioritize requirements for new product enhancements with input from marketing, sales, solution consultants, operations, support, engineering, other product managers, and UX design from concept to release
- Perform thorough competitive research that informs the product roadmap and feeds into competitive product positioning
- Create detailed requirements and design documents
- Work closely with engineering and Quality assurance teams to bring new product concepts to life, follow through all phases of development, including post-release.
- Define and measure product success, benchmark against the competition and client expectations, iterate on vision based on data
- High energy and drive
- A passion for building great products
- Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and lead a development team
- Clear track record of leadership throughout your career
- Fantastic analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks and generalize solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with abilitly to tailor for a wide variety of audiences
- Experience having delivered excellent software products
- Experience with Agile product management in a SaaS environment a major plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a software product management role
Coupa offers a very comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes company paid health insurance, stock options, 401(k), FSA as well as a very generous PTO plan along with a creative and exciting place to work .
If interested, please contact Natalie Cedeno, Director of Human Resources for additional information or assistance at email@example.com or 650-539-3872 .
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted at this time.
- Get Benchmarks
- See a live demo