Dropcam (http://www.dropcam.com) is making the next great consumer gadget - a user-centric web-connected video camera you watch from anywhere. Use your smartphone to check in on your baby, pets, home, or small business. |
It sounds easy, but making a stable, highly available media streaming system that°s easy enough for mom and dad to use is hard.
If you°re up for interesting problems at a startup building a real mass-market product, we ’d love your help developing a proud, user-focused engineering culture and fulfilling our mission: watch anywhere from anywhere.
- Contribute to company-wide strategic direction and translate that into concrete product objectives
- Build buy-in for product vision and features
- Drive the full product development cycle while working with engineering, design, marketing, support, and more
- Define methods for quantifying success and ensure that projects have a clear goal
Nice to Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Minimum of five years product management experience with consumer-facing Internet products and technologies
- Ability to plan and drive execution of go-to-market strategies
- Track record of growing a product from concept to success
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Design and engineering experience in hardware / software hybrids
- Design and engineering experience with social media and interface patterns
- Design and engineering experience with mobile platforms
Dropcam (http://www.dropcam.com) is a venture-backed San Francisco startup building a consumer-focused, web-connected internet camera focused on the home monitoring market. Our goal is to help you watch the things you love from anywhere in the world and make sure they ’re safe and sound.
The company°s first product, Dropcam HD, was announced at CES 2012 to rave reviews and media coverage. The Dropcam HD pairs with an online service that provides cloud-based recording and alert notifications. Users watch video of their children from work, their homes and cars while on vacation, and their businesses when relaxing over the weekend.
Dropcam offers a long list of benefits, including:
We ’re a small team developing the next great consumer gadget – join us in making it a reality!
- competitive base salaries
- pre-IPO stock options
- medical and dental benefits
- breakfast and catered lunch daily
- an amazing 17th floor view overlooking San Francisco
- your favorite flavor of Keurig K-cups for coffee
- really nice folks building a company to be proud of