Snr. Product Manager, Games & Expressions Products
If you’ve been looking for a career in Product Management that allows you to demonstrate your incredible skill at building online consumer-focused products, your search is over! Mindspark is looking for a Snr. Product Manager that will develop the vision and strategy for our online games, e-cards, scrapbooking and social planning products.
A BIT ABOUT US
Mindspark is a leading digital consumer products company that builds, markets and delivers fun and useful “digital snacks” -- popular interactive products that cater to a range of interests and varied audiences, available whenever and wherever our consumers want to indulge. Mindspark’s groundbreaking content applications are viewed by millions of users daily, and include games, virtual worlds, and a broad range of online experiences for a diverse audience
As an IAC (Nasdaq: IACI)company, Mindspark is part of a family including many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Match.com, Vimeo, CollegeHumor, Citysearch and Electus. Recently ranked fourth in Fortune magazine’s “World's Most Admired Companies” list in the Internet Services & Retailing sector, we provide incredible career opportunities for our team in a supportive, collaborative and fun work environment.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO
As the Senior Product Manager, you will work directly with the Vice President of Consumer Products to manage a number of products within the online games and expressions portfolio, including developing the vision and strategy and managing the entire product life cycle. With a firm grasp of metrics and financials, you will combine business acumen with creative innovation to develop product ideas that deliver results.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day-to-day management of several high profile product lines, working independently with minimal oversight.
- Develop product plans and identify future growth opportunities from metrics analysis, proactive identification of industry trends and market research
- Contribute in high-level business planning, analysis and strategy
- Monitor and analyze product performance from a P&L and usage reporting standpoint – be able to spot trends and inform business decisions
- Proactively communicates with management (VP and above) regarding the health of projects and any potential pitfalls that risk success
- Stays well informed and up to date on industry and is able to evaluate competitive threats leading to tangible action plans and strategies.
- Works extensively with other departments to manage resources, timelines, and conflicts, acting as a conduit to their products fostering ideas & fueling growth across a multi-divisional team (both direct and indirect reports)
- Consistently acts as a champion and vocal advocate for their Product; willing to take the unpopular stand if necessary but knows when to move on, skillfully negotiating workable and amicable solutions across multiple teams
- 4-8 years of prior Product Management experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, Business or comparable experience. MA/MBA a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully guiding products from concept to launch and managing daily operations
- Exposure to and a working understanding of the foundations of P&L management/financial reporting required
- Ability to juggle multiple projects effectively in a fast-based environment
- Strong analytical skills a MUST, exposure to direct marketing highly desirable
- Experience in online consumer/lifestyle products highly desirable
White Plains or New York, NY (negotiable)
Mindspark - 22 months ago