Position: Product Manager
- Shop It To Me is the #1 online personal shopping assistant. We recommend 2+ billion products to 4+ million active subscribers every month. We are profitable, growing and on our way to completely disrupting the ecommerce industry by making shopping the easiest, most personalized experience you’ve ever seen.
About the Job:
- Here’s how our products work: You tell us the things you love -- your favorite brands (Prada, Rebecca Minkoff, 600+ others), trends, styles, prices and preferences (size). Then we scour the internet every day and let you know when things you want go on sale.
- We make money whenever people buy something. Our service has been called "addictive" and "dangerous” and we were listed as Time Magazine’s top shopping site of 2012.
- And we are only beginning. We have just launched Shop It To Me Threads, a new product that has the potential to turn eCommerce on its head. That’s where you come in.
- You will be entrusted to handle product management of our new flagship product, Shop It To Me Threads. Threads has already received many accolades on launch and we are looking for that one right person who will own the product, put their signature on it and drive it to that next level. Think enormous, life-changing, universe-denting opportunity here.
- Manage all aspects of product releases from beginning to end -- including prioritizing, concepting, providing requirements, UI/UX guidance, testing, delivering/shipping.
- Build user experiences so intuitive and useful that they will both delight the user and make the product instantly indispensable.
- Bridge the gap between talented engineers and non-technical business folks. Be the glue that makes things work.
- Actively listen and arbitrate in a culture chock full of people who don't shy away from rigorous debate.
- Be data and metrics driven. We think and act in terms of experiments and results. "Gut" driven product types - this isn't your gig.
- It's all about agile - short sprints, quick iterations and results in weeks, not months.
- Work directly with the CEO and co-founder Charlie Graham : a serial entrepreneur, senior product guy and recovering software engineer with a Harvard bachelors degree and MBA (please don't hold that against him).
- Own the product roadmap: writing, iterating, assigning and re-prioritizing stories.
- Communicate: Talk to users. Talk to Retailers. Run usability tests and surveys. Champion the user, the vision and the bottom line.
- Actualize: Mock up concepts using tools you are already proficient with. Work with the team to transform sketches into marching orders (functional and technical specs)'
- Block and Tackle: Peel the onion to determine whether ideas have merit. Pulverize ideas that aren't feasible or useful. Prioritize ideas that improve the product experience and drive revenue.
- Herd the cats: You've mastered the art of making the trains run on time without asking "Are we there yet?"
- Analyze the market, identify opportunities and build models that inform the strategic direction of the company.
- Current product owner of a great online consumer product --- ideally a widely used, universally respected and oft admired product in the B2C space.
- A passion for great user experience: you are a stickler for good UI/UX and constantly strive to make things simpler, easier and just plain more intuitive. You love building products that are not only instrumental but make people jump up and down in joy.
- Unnerving detail orientation... tempered by occasional wild creativity.
- Strong technical acumen - if you aren't an engineer, awesome engineers from your past will step up to vouch for your technical cred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and direct graphic design and copywriting resources.
- Performance-driven. Team player. Affable facilitator. No ego. Lifelong learner. Good at the big picture and the tiny details.
- Experience product managing or handling UX for an ecommerce or online advertising service
- Play by the numbers: you've designed multivariate experiments and put systems in place that yield data that driven decisions.
- You were about to start your own consumer-based Internet company before reading this.
- Agile-oriented, but you are a pragmatist, not a wonk.
- You are up-to-speed with the latest fashion trends like chambray, moto-jackets or peplum.
- Hands-on coding experience.
- A degree from a competitive school: Computer Science or Human Computer Interaction would be great.
- Competitive salary & options, medical, dental, vision, nice selection of free food & drink.
- Sweet rig of your choosing, phat monitors, Aeron chairs, big windows, high ceilings, brick walls.
- Millions of adoring fans. You can brag to your friends that your job is to help them score the loot that they want.
Shop It To Me, Inc - 11 months ago