Responsible for product management and/or strategic direction of one or more new and existing products within the Talyst product family; including marketing programs, technical programs, strategy, planning, product definition. Responsibilities will include product design, market segmentation, launch, maintenance and growth. Serve as subject matter expert on key Talyst products & services and supervise other product or project management team members.
- Communicate with customers to gain feedback on user product experiences and opportunities. Ensure correct features are identified, taking into account customers, sales, finance, related lines of business and others. Prioritize and negotiate to build best possible set of features to be included and developed in the new products.
- Identify customer needs and market trends and recommend/responsible for pricing strategies.
- Research competitor products and maintain competitive comparisons and evaluations. Gather insights to shape the direction of the product.
- Assist/develop/coordinate new idea reviews and recommendations, concept and design development, project management, and market introduction.
- Contribute and guide on long-term strategy, operating performance, customer loyalty, and development of key products with the Talyst product management portfolio.
- Assist/develop product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, and product updates for organizational marketing materials.
- Recommend financial pricing and strategies of assigned product areas.
- Drive product specification and requirements definition.
- Assist in the selection and support of beta-test environments.
- Contribute to management of the product life cycle.
- Assist in development of sales collateral and presentations.
- Communicate the product plan to internal and external clients.
- Estimate product demand and profitability.
- Represent Talyst at industry trade group meetings and presentations.
- Coach, mentor and guide assigned team members.
- Support and promote the Talyst values through positive interactions with both internal and external customers on a regular basis
- Attend to other initiatives and goals as directed towards Talyst continuous growth and prosperity.
- BS/MS degree technology, engineering, computer science preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Pragmatic Marketing techniques (or equivalent)
- 10+ years in software/hardware product management experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with customers and internal colleagues under stressful situations with scheduling limitations and conflicts.
- Proven successful track record of business leadership in cross-functional organizations.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to develop, promote and execute business strategies.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and other common office tools.
- Success in mentoring and coaching others in a professional environment and effectively motivating local and remote team members.
- Experience with web-based and mobile solutions desired.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Corporate travel of up to 40% may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Talyst, Inc. - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -