IronKey by Imation is an industry leader in portable secure storage products for enterprise and governments who require the highest levels of security. Moreover, IronKey has partnered with Microsoft on an innovative new technology that will change how organizations everywhere deploy mobile computing solutions. IronKey’s portfolio includes trusted FIPS-validated portable storage devices, and both cloud-based and on-premise secure mobile device management solutions.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Marketing Manager to join our team in Campbell, CA. The Senior Product Marketing Manager defines and shapes market value propositions while developing campaigns and programs that communicate value to customers and partners. Additionally, the Senior Product Marketing Manager will craft a compelling story that shapes what the product/service is, who it is for, and why they would buy it from IronKey by working closely with product management, marketing, sales and engineering to understand the current and future roadmap.
Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional communication skills and be able to clearly articulate product value while seeking out ways to help the sales team and to improve the product line.
- Identify and define target audience through analyzing of market segments, identification of customer need and documentation of compelling use cases for the portfolio.
- Craft a compelling and simple value proposition that fundamentally address what we should communicate to the target audience and detail the reasons as to why they should buy the product from IronKey.
- Work closely with product management to ensure the needs of specific audiences are included in the roadmap for future products and services. Using a marketing model to qualify and quantify the business opportunity.
- Own the messaging document that illustrates the value proposition in a simplified and compelling fashion to all stakeholders.
- Work closely with sales and the marketing team the Sr. Product Marketing Manager will deliver a set of high quality and innovative sales tools to help the sales team communicate the value proposition to the customer, including, but not limited to: white papers, TCO and ROI documents, sales presentations and collateral.
- Support the delivery of sales training programs to the sales teams and channel partners ensuring that value propositions are rolled out consistently and effectively to the team.
- Define and implement marketing programs that deliver the proposition to each audience. The programs could be across the marketing communications mix ranging from PR, influencer, digital, social or channel / event programs.
- Create and maintain analysis of relevant competitors in our market to highlight key differentiators.
- Serve as spokesperson for webinars, events as well as press and analyst meetings – be the voice of the product solutions and represent the product value at key events.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Product Marketing Manager with some Product Manager experience.
- Experience with one or more of data security, USB products, IT Management, Enterprise PC lifecycle management, Mobile Device Management, virtual desktops and/or cloud computing.
- 2+ years experience in the software industry
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong aesthetic sensibility a plus
- 20% travel estimated
- Customer understanding – have a deep understanding of the audiences within the enterprise – ranging from business user and mobile professional to Information technology decision makers and business owners / lines of business. The role will utilize this deep understanding and create compelling value statements and key messages for each product and service.
- Simple & compelling communications – build key messages and product and service value propositions for the portfolio. Mapping key messages for each product and service to each of the enterprise audiences and stakeholders that make up the enterprise buying and support ecosystem. Key skill of the Product Marketer will be to take complex technical information and make it simple and compelling to each audience.
- Creative disruption – create and execute effective marketing programs that help the marketing team build and deliver marketing communication campaigns. The Product Marketer will operate across the marketing mix and use innovative and creative marketing communications tactics to take the message to market.
- Act with purpose - the product marketing team supports sales in the communication of the value proposition to the target audience and major partners. The role is expected to join and support the sales process and understand that sales teams are the key customer. The role delights in the delivery of effective marketing programs and has a passion for delivery of campaigns that increase sales results.
- Commercial acumen – the Product Marketing Manager will be commercially astute and have a rock solid grasp of the business goals of IronKey.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer - This includes gaining a deep understanding of, and driving towards, customer engagement with the product, throughout their lifecycle (pre-adoption, post adoption/purchase, and after churning).
Imation Corp. - 10 months ago