Senior Product Validation Engineer
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Spirent Communications Service Assurance group is a leading provider of live network test and diagnostics. We are advancing the science of remote live network test and diagnostics methodology and setting new standards for remote trouble isolation and full time data performance measurement services.
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Validation Engineer to join our Product Validation team at our business facility in Germantown, MD. This position provides a great opportunity for the right candidate to make a meaningful impact to Spirent, its customers, and to the wire line and wireless industry.
- Evaluate and test software applications according to business and functional requirements.
- Perform API level testing, system testing, black box functional testing, UI testing, and white box testing.
- Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicate significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities.
- Estimate work activity, scope and effort, for planning exercises of future releases
- Report on progress and schedule tracking issue to Senior Manager of Global Product Validation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or two years of Java or .net programming experience
- Knowledge of how the software development life cycle works
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Can-do attitude
- Must be a self-starter and have strong work ethic
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Knowledge of networking protocols; experience using Wire Shark preferred
- Experience in the testing or developing of mobile applications ideal, but not required
Spirent Communications (www.spirentcom.com) is a global provider of integrated performance analysis and service assurance systems that...