Position Title |
Senior Production Planner
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Develop and maintain the Master Production Schedule for the assigned plant. Responsible for working with planning peers, plant management, and Customer Service to produce an accurate and timely production plan in order to meet customer requirements as well as division cost goals. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Responsible for developing and updating the Master Production Schedule for assigned plant. This includes adjustments to the schedule to balance loads and optimize resources and manage capacity
- Update shop calendar given inputs from the plants and update BPCS as needed
- Responsible for supervising one Order Fulfillment Coordinator who with be responsible to scheduling the finishing equipment and outbound product
- Responsible for scheduling seven (7) days of shop orders for assigned plant and a production plan by work center and communicating these schedules in a timely fashion
- Responsible for working with planning peers and the other plants in order to resolve any scheduling issues which would impact the MPS and/or meeting customer need
- Maintain strong lines of communication with planning peers, plant management, in order to produce an accurate and timely production plan
- Reporting and production planning analysis for assigned plant as requested
- Responsible for updating and generating the Distribution Requirement Plan (DRP) and MRP, and finished goods replenishment orders for assigned plant
- Work with the paperboard Replenishment Planner to ensure that supply matches requirements for Coated Board, particularly logistics/releases
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing and planning preferred
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change. Demonstrated ability to bring order to chaotic situations
- Thorough understanding of the production process
- Knowledge of the various graphics and die/plate processes
- Thorough understanding of the principles of production/manufacturing planning and scheduling
- Understanding of the forecast process and of the items being produced
- Understanding of the MWV Coated Board system preferred
- Understanding of APICS/MRP principles, understands the impact of transactions on all functional groups in an MRP environment, and can navigate proficiently in BPCS to acquire information needed
- Knowledge of operations accounting
- Very proficient in the use of and navigation of BPCS and report writing applications associated with BPCS
- Very proficient PC skills - ability to utilize basic office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Ability to travel occasionally and work after hours as needed
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...