The Southwest branch of the YMCA of Silicon Valley is seeking a Senior Program Director to lead and direct our youth and family programs, including: 3 licensed childcare centers, one after-school site, plus summer day camp (300+ kids/week), year-round youth sports programs, Kids Club, and Adventure Guides. This position reports to the Executive Director, and works collaboratively with other staff, volunteers, community members, and partner organizations to ensure the overall success of the YMCA.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited college and 3 years related management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience managing similar programs.
- Must have prior experience leading licensed child care programs, demonstrating an understanding of program quality and licensing regulations .
- Must have proven success in youth program planning, implementation, and quality.
- Demonstrated proficiency in program marketing, fiscal management. and staff selection and development.
- Able to set and meet deadlines. Willing to follow directions and take initiative. Must possess the ability to make sound independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must have the ability to understand and to work collaboratively with community and city agencies.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, members, donors and the general public.
- Must be organized and possess excellent telephone communication skills . Experience in the following computer programs: Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Enthusiastic, dependable and a sense of humor.
- A commitment to the YMCA mission and its core values of: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Additionally, the YMCA values diversity, youth, and a broad vision of health and wellness which is contingent upon relationship building.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
YMCA of Silicon Valley - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to...