The Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) spans the four UCSF health science schools – Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing and Dentistry, each of their multiple departments, the UCSF Graduate Division, as well as all of the collaborating affiliates of UCSF in and outside the Bay Area and around the world; CTSI’s $200M funding is comprised of multiple sources (NIH, institutional, philanthropy, industry and other), and its programs have increased to 15 established CTSI interdisciplinary programs aimed at improving human health and training the next generation of Translational Researchers.
The Senior Program Manager will lead and manage multiple and diverse CTSI and UCSF early translational research related programs; the incumbent’s overall responsibility is to provide management and leadership to CTSI on-going programs and effectively transition new organizational programs from the start-up phase to a stable, mature and sustainable phase; responsibility for providing programmatic leadership and management as well as support and guidance to individual CTSI early translational research programs as specified by the leadership team and will direct appropriate program staff as assigned; recognize, develop and implement solutions that require general systems and processes and ensure effective program implementation across CTSI and UCSF.
The Senior Program Manager will need to rely on problem solving skills and a well-honed sense of political acumen to establish effective lines of communication, collaboration and execution across non-traditional organizational lines; must be prepared to work with a wide range of University staff and faculty as well as external stakeholders including: business community members, venture capitalists, industry, foundations and government agencies to resolve issues as they emerge; understand strategies to advance academic research and infrastructure, sound program management principles, analysis and strategic planning as well as possess the ability to master relevant information technology and administrative systems; and perform other duties as assigned.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare or related field, or equivalent experience;
• Strong program management skills to navigate complex processes and adhere to critical program deadlines;
• Advanced analytical skills to grasp knowledge of multiple disciplines and identify, analyze and resolve complex administrative problems;
• Effective interpersonal skills in order to communicate and collaborate with as well as influence diverse stakeholders;
• Advanced competencies in planning, project management, leadership and organization;
• Ten + years relevant program management experience; five years senior program management experience
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching up to shoulder height, lifting up to 20 lbs. overhead/above/below waist, carrying/pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs., fine finger manipulation, simple grasp, repetitive movements of upper extremities, ability to differentiate color, operating motor vehicles.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Advanced degree (PhD or equivalent);
• Experience at transition programs from start-up to mature phase;
• Demonstrated ability and experience at conceptualizing new initiatives, assessing opportunities and synergies, garnering stakeholder support to launch a new initiative and transition a startup program through different development phases
University of California San Francisco - 22 months ago