ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Senior Program Manager for its Middle East and North Africa Division. The Senior Program Manager generally supervises DC-based program staff and coordinates closely with the field-based Country Directors, Project Directors and staff. This position will require overseas travel.
- Region-wide programmatic, financial and operational responsibilities;
- Manages/supervises program staff;
- May serve as primary manager of specialized programs;
- Responsible for program development, including writing grant proposals;
- Visits region to assess programs;
- Assists in managing donor relations.
- Must have a JD and at least 4 years’ experience;
- Experience in working with USG funded programs;
- Experience or knowledge of legal reform issues in region;
- Language proficiency required or extremely helpful;
- Management experience required;
- Extensive travel.
Global Jobs - 11 months ago