Global Fortune 500 Insurance Leader
This Sr. Director level Program Manager will be the primary point of accountability to high level business partners for the management and implementation of multiple large sized projects and large sized programs involving significant risk and complexity, totaling up to $10MM or greater in annual budget. The technologies used in these large scale application projects and programs is a mixture of J2EE Java and .NET/C#. The Program Manager needs to have experience using AGILE or Waterfall or ideally a combination of both to managing these multiple programs successfully. In addition to delivery leadership, this individual will contribute to the overall PMO capabilities through mentoring of more junior Project Managers and creation and adoption of Best Practices across the organization. This Senior Director will have direct management responsibility of a team of Project Managers. The right candidate should have proven ability to earn and sustain the trust of sponsors and stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver difficult messages and execute with ambiguity and limited information. Must also have experience leading and influencing large matrix teams, including vendor engagements and offshore staffing. This Senior Program Manager must have the ability to communicate with all levels with clarity and accuracy, both verbally and written skills.
- 10 years of Program and Project Management experience spanning end-to-end project lifecycle, with extensive knowledge and expertise in core project management in a large environment.
- Must have strong experience in the use of waterfall, incremental and/or iterative/Agile SDLCs
- Experience leading initiative planning and scoping, including top-down and bottom up estimation
- Experience building and managing both milestone-level and detailed program and project plans
- Experience leading planning and execution of large scale programs to achieve established cost, time and quality goals
- Ability to apply advanced project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations, building and sustaining collaborative relationships with IT partners and key stakeholders
- Must have a focus of delivery and execution
- Promote and demonstrate the use of Project Management Best Practices and tools, demonstrating a continuous improvement mindset by actively engaging in continuous improvement efforts and recommending changes to the PMO processes and practices.
Smith Arnold Partners is a Stamford, Connecticut based highly specialized technical professional and executive search firm that has helped thousands of companies and people make a professional connection. Smith Arnold Partners has successfully completed searches on behalf of the most recognizable firms in the United States.
Smith Arnold Partners - 23 months ago