Responsible for the management, performance and completion of single or multiple high technology programs that require the development (hardware and software), manufacture, and test of electronic and electro-mechanical systems. Assures that contractual obligations are met within assigned budget and schedule. Primary contact with customer on assigned programs that generally have a total value of $15-$50 million. Assignment will generally be to higher risk, higher value programs with responsibility at the total system level. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manages multiple programs in accordance with contracts and Cubic Corporation and Cubic Defense Applications policies, procedures and department instructions.
- Ensures that contracts are met in the most efficient and profitable manner.
- Serves as primary contact for customers.
- Leads program execution to meet technical performance within cost and schedule.
- Manages, oversees, monitors and approves all elements of assigned program activities from inception to completion including proposal development, product design, procurement, subcontracting, manufacturing, testing, delivery, installation and acceptance of products.
- Plans and directs integration of cross-functional program teams that represents various organizations within the Company.
- Effectively manages major programs ($10M or greater in sales) within a project or matrix organization.
- Performs program financial management to ensure that profit is earned and cash is collected.
- Performs Earned Value management tasks.
- Actively performs risk management and pursues risk reduction on assigned programs
- Identifies program issues with sufficient lead for timely resolution.
- Works to grow the program through contract changes and preplanned product improvements.
- Develops proposals for new business.
- Reviews and approves technical approach, feasibility and cost estimates.
- Leads proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications, estimation of product/service costs, negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Participates in marketing new technology, developing potential new business, and responsible for obtaining follow-on business in conjunction with Business Development.
- Mentors program managers in successful execution of programs.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in electronic, software or mechanical engineering or related technical discipline, plus a minimum of ten years of related technical or engineering experience including seven years of project engineering/management, program management or other supervisory responsibility. Advanced engineering degree or MBA is desirable. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Proven ability to lead cross-functional program teams. Proven understanding of engineering, operations (procurement, subcontracting, and manufacturing), system integration and test, quality assurance, configuration management, logistics, contract administration, standard business practices, finance, and the relationship of programs within a portfolio. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, make presentations and conduct negotiations with customers, subcontractors, and vendors. Requires knowledge of government procurement, contracting, and standards and specifications.
Cubic Corporation - 19 months ago