Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. Hospital laboratories are our core clinical diagnostic customers. Our life science customers include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, medical schools and research institutions. More than
275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on six continents. For more than 75 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
The position of
Senior Portfolio Manager - Program Management for Chemistry
reports to the Director of Diagnostics Program Management with the primary responsibility to manage and control new and current product line programs for the Chemistry product line, overseeing the product delivery process from initial business case development, to obsolescence. They will facilitate the Product Business Decision Team/Operational Leadership Team (PBDT/OLT) and partner with the head of Product Management for the Chemistry product line. The candidate will lead portfolio analysis and prioritization of projects in the pipeline, both proposed and ongoing, and the dynamic resource allocation process across functions. The candidate provides leadership and management to the Chemistry program management team and support/implement all Diagnostics Program Management (Dx PMO) processes and tools.
- Manage Clinical Chemistry Program Management staff
- Establish and approves objectives/assignments and manages performance of the chemistry program management team.
- Partners with head of Product Management to drive PBDT & OLT activities
- Responsible for achievement of QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) metrics for all projects in their portfolio.
- Identify and drive countermeasures in instances when projects are overdue or exceeding budget
- Establish and monitor use of visual tools for project tracking and management
- Lead implementation of Dx Program Management Office (Dx PMO) structure/process and execute initiatives in the Chemistry product line.
- Forecast staffing requirements
- Communicate program/project status, and plans to management
- Ensures compliance to Beckman-Coulter and Danaher policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Engineering, Business, Management or a related field with 14 plus years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 12 years of relevant experience. MBA is a significant plus.
- Work experience should include people management experience and 3-7 years in program/project management leading complex projects.
- FDA regulated environment is strongly recommended..
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or similar certificate such as Kepner Tregoe training is strongly recommended
- Fast learner able to quickly become adept at using the Danaher Business System tool set
- Demonstrated ability to manage team by influence and displayed leadership skills.
- Readily accepts responsibility and accountability for project success and associated key decisions
- Ability to learn all functions of the business and build bridges between functions and cultures to further the overall goals of the organization
- Ability to travel is mandatory (domestic and internationally) likely – 15-30% of time
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher's portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher's 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010.
North America-United States-FL-Miami