Program Management 4300 US
Hardware Engineering Program Manager
This position is responsible for managing the development and implementation process for Extreme’s products and services. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Lead one or more cross functional teams
- Responsible for developing and maintaining project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Ensures all activities and expectations are properly documented for ISO compliance
- Cross aligns and coordinates activities with other organizations associated with development projects
- Ensures accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of project metrics and data
- Job complexity - works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Contacts pertaining to significant matters often involves coordination among groups.
- Supervision - acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
- Requires a BS degree and 15+ years of related experience.
- Engineering degree preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Solid knowledge of cross organizational business models from a program management perspective
- Solid knowledge of engineering product development including hardware and software
- Experience with Motorola wireless products preferred
- Strong experience and advanced coursework in project management
- Solid experience with developing and maintaining processes and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to create executive create and present executive level presentations
- Solid knowledge of product life cycle models for both hardware and software
- Strong leadership skills including demonstrated experienced in developing high performance teams
- Ability to promote creative thinking and innovation to achieve breakthrough results
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to work well and cross functionally with project stakeholders, Account Managers, Business Managers, Delivery Managers and support organizations.
Extreme Networks does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Extreme Networks is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to the Company.