Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research and other services for clients in business, industry and government. MRIGlobal is currently experiencing growth and is looking to expand our location in Charlottesville, VA.
MRIGlobal has a position available for a Senior Program Manager in our NSSI Division. Senior Program Managers report to Technical Division Directors or Section Managers and do not supervise staff members directly, but provide project management and technical direction to employees assigned to program and project teams. They have direct responsibility for project expenses, on-time delivery of products, and technical quality. They share responsibility with line management for staff project utilization.
The Senior Program Manager assembles work teams with the required technical expertise to meet client requirements for research quality, cost control, and timeliness. Significant technical expertise in relevant program areas is critical. The incumbents must understand the business operations and strategic marketing goals of MRIGlobal. They must understand MRIGlobal’s departments and the administrative systems needed to support project work. Basic knowledge of government and industrial contract work and contract research is required. Staff functioning at this level will generally spend the majority of their time performing technical leadership activities.
- Ph.D., MBA, M.S./M.A. in Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, or other related field and a minimum 6 years of related experience; or
- B.S./B.A. in related field and minimum 9 years of related experience; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- PMP Certification
- Experience in a research environment, basic analytical skills, sample preparation/tracking data, thorough understanding of relevant federal regulations, QA/Safety/SOPs, and instrumentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with technical staff at all levels in a team based environment.
- Previous experience working in a regional or remote business location.
- Previous experience hiring, training, and leading technical staff.
- PC skills and ability to learn new software and systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented.
- 10 years of lab management experience.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. In order to meet the government security investigation requirements, U.S. citizenship is a prerequisite.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations.
MRIGlobal - 20 months ago
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...