Design, develop, configure, and document PHC’s core software applications and provide technical and problem resolution support to the IT department and the users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of PHC’s systems.
- Uses various resources to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Analyzes configuration to be sure it is efficient in design and functionality.
- Tests, schedules, and implements new releases and upgrades of software.
- Tests, schedules, and implements interface changes to systems when needed.
- Assists other programming staff with design and testing methodologies.
- Uses sound technical judgment and makes appropriate system decisions.
- Assists in development of policies and procedures to document new and changed elements of related operations.
- Assures documentation is complete.
- UNIX scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, and other utilities within and outside of UNIX scripting.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other assigned or needed activities required to assure success of the Systems.
- Develops team’s role and to support other work of the IT department.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; minimum four (4) years experience as a software developer; healthcare experience highly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications
Knowledge of one or more of the following: UNIX, ORACLE, Micro Focus COBOL, SQL, PL/SQL, Powerhouse, SUPRTOOL. Understanding of systems and related systems interfaces and how changes impact other various packages within the overall system. Working knowledge of Active Batch is a plus and desirable.
Performance Based Competencies
Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to interpret and understand technical requirements; excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills; resolve system problems; able to develop procedures to automate jobs and to document extensively and clearly.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
More than 50% of work time is spent at a video display terminal. May be required to bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, or work in other non-standing and non-sitting positions to install cabling, systems hardware, and other related equipment.
All HealthPlan employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the HealthPlan’s policies and procedures, as they may from time to time be updated.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.
PHC is a managed care organization that contracts with the State of California to ensure that Medi-Cal recipients in Solano, Yolo, Napa,...