The Senior Programmer Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Senior Programmer Analyst will also interact directly with business customers and take the lead in researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
• Collaborate with business owner, developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
• Coordinate with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
• Lead the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
• Define software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
• Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
• Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
• Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
• Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
• Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Coordinate with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
• Install software products for end users as required.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
• Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, including Java, PHP, .
Net, HTML, CSS, shell scripting, SQL.
• Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
• Relational database experience with Oracle and MySQL.
• Prior image creation and manipulation experience using Photoshop.
• Prior experience with Eclipse, NetBeans, JBuilder, SVN, and Maven.
• Working knowledge of middleware platforms such as Tomcat, WebLogic, and Apache.
• Prior experience gathering end-users requirements for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
• Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• On-call availability for up to 7 days per month.
• Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
• Able to lift computer drives, monitors, and other peripherals.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software installation.
Suddenlink Communications offers all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected group status.
Suddenlink - 13 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...