This position will be responsible for ETL design, development and implementation of data loading processes into the Oracle data warehouse and other enterprise architectures, such as HANA.
• Developer will work closely with project management, analysts, data modelers, DBAs and the business intelligence team to understand project requirements and contribute to the project solution. The developer will many times be expected to serve as, and play role of, business analyst, data analyst and application DBA.
• The developer will be trained and become part of a team rotation that provides 24/7 support of batch processing. The on-call period, would be typically 1 wk/mth, with team backup support, and is typically very smooth.
• Design and develop all components of SAP HANA Enterprise Solution
using SAP Data Services and HANA Studio.
* Integrate Business Objects BI 4.0 Analytic solutions including Web
Intelligence, SAP Dashboards, Advanced Analysis and BO Explorer with SAP
• Work directly with business customers across the multiple subject areas of Marketing, Customer Care, Technical Operations, Fiscal Operations, Billing and Accounting/Finance. Provide ad-hoc support and assist in delivering solutions under support and capital projects.
• Create data extraction, cleansing and load programs to move data from source systems to the target Data Structures. Participate in the creation and maintenance of standards for coding, documentation, error handling, error notification, logging, etc.
• Develop, implement and maintain schedule/dependency logic for automated ETL processing.
• Develop monitoring, error notification processes to ensure data is updated as expected. Assist in creating test plans and testing execution. Create data
validation processes. Perform unit testing. Support the code promotion process through development and production as required. Assist in application and database performance tuning.
• Excellent analytical skills and business analysis skills are required.
• Data warehouse systems design and development.
• Previous experience with data modeling required.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and team skills are required.
• Ability to interact and communicate with senior level business sponsors.
• In depth knowledge and experience with ETL development and applying sustainable forward thinking ETL solutions.
• Experience with developing sound technical documentation is required.
• Understanding of and experience with basic DBA skills such as, physical modeling, table partitioning and indexing is required.
• 5+ years ETL tool experience, preferably Business Objects Data Services or Informatica Designer.
• 4+ years of experience in building and delivering data warehouse and other enterprise analytical solutions is required.
• 6 years of solid experience in SQL, database programming and utilities (preferably Oracle) PL/SQL,
• 1-2 years of experience working within HANA systems architecture and modeling is required. SAP HANA framework, building Attribute, Analytic and Calculated Views. Experience developing HANA scripts used in ETL load processes.
• Experience within the Telecommunications Industry is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in relational and dimensional database design techniques is required.
• Experience working in environment with other development tools from SAP BO such as Data Services, Address Cleansing IDT, Universe Design, Explorer, Webi, Mobile, Dashboard and Visual Intelligence, etc…is preferred.
• Experience developing in Windows Desktop applications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required.
Suddenlink - 15 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...