Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa), an information and knowledge management firm in Oak Ridge, TN, is now accepting resumes for the full time position of Senior Programmer. This position is supporting the DOE Office of Scientific and Technical Information located in Oak Ridge, TN.
The Senior Programmer is responsible for leading application development supporting IIa and client objectives while providing expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing. The Senior Programmer analyzes, designs and builds component-based applications, including introduction of an application layer, modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration; works on new and existing applications along with enhancements and infrastructure; debugs programs; performs hands-on coding; mentors junior developers; and serves as liaison to internal customers and clients.
- Designs and develops components as part of a solution in compliance with project guidelines.
- Performs unit and development level integration testing as needed.
- Tracks defects as they occur.
- Performs code maintenance based on needs of testing, client testing, and production issues.
- Performs operations and maintenance activities on the existing systems.
- Manages and organizes projects.
- Creates and maintains technical design documentation.
- Oversees work of other programmers.
- Translates business requirements into technical design.
- Writes source code, both new features and enhancements/fixes to existing functionality.
- Writes and executes test plans.
- Analyzes programs and determines root cause resolutions.
- Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, mathematics, or related field or a bachelor’s degree with six years relevant experience.
- Strong customer service skills a must. Ability to assess client needs and meet those needs is critical to this job.
- Ability to gather business requirements and transform those requirements to application code.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication skills with ability to coordinate and follow-up aggressively.
- Ability to motivate and mentor team members.
- Ability to reach consensus and build effective working relationships.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Knowledge of system documentation standards and procedures.
- Ability to pseudo-code complex computer software applications.
- Ability to work independently, under moderate supervision.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Experience with remote communications operation.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must be able to obtain a DOE clearance.
**This position is eligible for an employee referral bonus. **
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Information International Associates Inc. - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard