Senior Programs Supervisor
Full Time Regular
Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound TX 75028, Texas
Print Job Information |
Administers the Seniors In Motion program for senior citizens. Plans, promotes, organizes, and implements recreational programs including classes, speakers, trips, and special events for senior citizens. Works closely with the senior advisory committee in planning recreational programs and special events.
Examples of Duties:
1. Develops, promotes, and supervises recreational programs and special events for senior citizens.
2. Administers and acts as the staff liaison to the senior advisory committee.
3. Hires and supervises independent contract instructors to teach recreational classes and programs.
4. Prepares and manages the budget for the senior program including maintaining financial records of recreational activities, classes, and special events.
5. Assists with the implementation of other Parks and Recreation programs as needed.
6. Supervises and coordinates senior citizen volunteers involved with special events and recreational activities.
7. Solicits sponsorships and donations for various senior citizen recreational programs and special events.
8. Coordinates and maintains the registration, advertising, and ordering of supplies for all senior recreational programs and special events.
9. Interacts with seniors on a daily basis.
10. Coordinates senior program hours of operation and schedules staff and volunteer work hours.
11. Oversees payroll for all employees and documents volunteer work hours.
12. Researches and develops various projects to educate and improve the lives of senior citizens.
13. Prepares Seniors In Motion newsletters and other marketing and promotional materials for the senior program.
14. Transports senior citizens to various destinations by van or bus.
15. Administers the Town's transportation service for Flower Mound's senior and special needs residents.
16. Attends Town meetings and functions and presents information to boards and groups as required.
17. Adheres to the personnel, safety, and departmental policies and procedures of the Town.
18. Communicates all work-related activities with Supervisor and generates reports as requested.
19. Assists co-workers and other departments as needed.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree in Parks and Recreation, Physical Education or related field is required. Two years of experience as a programs coordinator, special events coordinator, or senior citizen programs coordinator is required. In lieu of degree, must have six years of experience as a programs coordinator, special events coordinator, or senior citizen programs coordinator. Must have a valid Texas driver's license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
Must have excellent leadership, organizational, training and communicative skills, both oral and written. To perform the essential functions of the job, must be able to perform strenuous physical activities to include running, kneeling, bending, twisting, dragging, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50 lbs of sport and various equipment; to talk, see, hear, and read; to work in adverse environmental conditions; and to maintain an effective and pleasant working relationship with citizens, the general public, employees, and volunteers. Must be able to work various hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
Town of Flower Mound - 23 months ago