ORC International |
- has an exciting opportunity to join our New York office as a Senior Project Director
for our consumer research team. This position has overall responsibility for independent project management
of mid-size to large research programs including such activities as budgeting, scheduling, direction, analysis,
cost management and delivery. This position has some responsibility for business generation, generally
program or project extensions and may be asked to prepare proposals and price quotations for prospects
and clients. This position will have substantial client contact of a strategic nature and will assist in the analysis
of data and presentation of findings. Position may involve supervision of others and managing a large program
or segment of a practice.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Responsible for conceptualizing and execution of research designs including preparing sampling specifications, writing questionnaires and developing coding and analytical plans.
- Take charge and assumes leadership over the projects and clients for which they have responsibility.
- Assure high quality research by identifying potential problems, developing and implementing appropriate corrective action.
- Manage project costs by identifying potential financial problems and assisting in development and implementation of corrective action.
- Write proposals.
- Conduct client meetings related to tactical subjects.
- Prepare well-organized and insightful client presentations and participate in presenting to clients as needed.
- Prepare accurate, cost-effective budgets.
- Design complex tables, charts, and graphs to communicate information needs.
- Perform logic checks of the information presented on tables/graphs and other client deliverables.
- Manage the overall conceptualization, content and execution of questionnaire development.
- Oversee entire research program to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Specify special statistical analyses (e.g. factor analysis, cluster analysis, etc.).
- Counsel the client in proper conceptual and practical market research issues.
- Recommend and implement cost saving initiatives independently.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within scope of present clients.
- Effectively interfaces with clients, expand client interaction and may take ownership of small accounts.
- Independently analyzes data, provide key take-aways and recommendations for next steps in research.
- Ability to direct and supervise all aspects of a research project.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Supplier side experience.
- Ability to manage many projects or a very large program.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other individuals at all levels throughout the organization including senior executives.
- Significant knowledge of client industries including market segments and associated marketing strategy.
- Capable of handling difficult client situations in a tactful and professional manner.
- Strong analytical thought and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and knowledge of data collection systems
Education, Experience, and Certification :
- Bachelor’s and or Masters degree or equivalent is required.
- 5 to 7 years of professional market research experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience and orientation for building relationships with existing clients.
- Product test experience is preferred but not required.
ORC International offers an attractive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits. At ORC International, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally. We hope you make the decision to join us by sending your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to us at https://careers-orc.icims.com
ORC International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V.
ORC International - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
ORC International is a global provider of customized research and analysis designed to help companies make more informed decisions on...