Business Priority: Innovative, Cost Effective Technology
Apply general mechanical component, sub-system, and system design to:
Enable cost reduction of existing
components, sub-systems, systems
Support on-going production
Improve fuel economy
These job elements require:
Creation/Updating of DFMEA
PPAP/PFMEA evaluation and review
Design for manufacture and assembly
Use of best practices to guide designs
Identification of risk and risk mitgation
Limit stack analysis
DVP&R planning and execution
General program planning and
awareness of overall program timing
Generation of prints and specifications
Use of GD&T
Use of analytical tools to avoid excess
Disciplined, data based problem solving
and descision making skills
Highly developed critical thinking skills
Results Focus: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, provides leadership/motivation.
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and significant pump design and design skills in other powertrain related areas
1. 5+ years of transmission and transmission system design experience required.
2. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
3. Strong analytical ability required.
4. Ability to read drawings and blueprints required.
5. Strong disciplined problem solving skills required.
MS in Engineering
1. Knowledge of and ability to use computer software and operating systems appropriate to area of expertise preferred.
2. 10+ years of mechanical design experience preferred.
3. Six Sigma, DFSS, or Red X certification
Allison Transmission, Inc. - 5 months ago