A Senior Project Engineer performs a variety of engineering and project management/coordination functions in support of the manufacturing and engineering areas. Projects may be assigned directly to this person or the person may be assigned as a member of a project team. In all cases, this person will be accountable for the engineering portion of the assigned project.
Detailed Job Description · Performs all phases of project management and engineering for manufacturing operations, including but not limited to: scope definition, design, budgeting, scheduling, line layouts, purchasing, cost estimating and control, implementation, system integration, documentation, report writing, start-up, and training.
Job Requirements · Bachelors of Science Degree in engineering with emphasis on Mechanical, Manufacturing, Facilities and/or Maintenance Engineering
- Applies understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices for the food industry (sanitary practices) to engineering projects.
- Design and install safe manufacturing systems and processes.
- Select and manage outside engineering as required to meet customer, product, and capacity requirements. Selects and manages use of external vendors and contractors for engineering and maintenance-related projects.
- Stays abreast of technology enhancements within the industry.
- Supports plant maintenance and operations by planning and implementing layouts of plant, office, and production equipment to provide maximum utilization of facilities and efficiency of production. Ensures equipment is maintained according to specifications. Develops projects and justification for capital improvements as applicable.
- Supports cost reduction and efficiency improvement programs by participating and leading teams to review manufacturing operations and develop and implement recommendations. Facilitates improvement workshops and manages improvement projects.
- Support other engineering team members with training and development, assistance on engineering projects, providing specialized expertise as required.
- Serves as prime technical expert for assigned facilities. Builds credibility and holds influence with Operations, Maintenance, Customers and vendors. Provides leadership and guidance to lower level Engineers and Technicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Shift First Shift
- 7-10 years of experience in engineering with emphasis on food manufacturing plant maintenance or engineering
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Proven organization and planning skills.
- Ability to read and understand common financial reports, legal documents, and technical writings in English.
- Ability to write reports, respond to inquiries, and communicate with customers and regulatory agencies at a level consistent with presentations to customers and top level management.
- Mathematics skills sufficient to perform the duties outlined above
- Ability to follow technical directions a
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision. Ability to lead projects and project teams.
- Ability to drive, travel by airplane, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crawl, see, type, write and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally subjected to wet humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock, or high noise levels
- Ability to train or instruct maintenance and production personnel
- Ability to organize and plan workAbility to independently deal with a large variety of situations and decide on the best solution
- Detail oriented approach
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Exel - 21 months ago
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...