ABOUT THE COMPANY:|
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) is a leading provider of mission-critical wireless data solutions to government customers, public safety, and carriers.
TCS produces wireless data communications technology solutions that require proven high levels of reliability. TCS' wireless data offerings include secure deployable communication systems and engineered satellite-based services; location-based wireless and VoIP Enhanced 9-1-1 services; messaging and location service infrastructure for wireless operators; and commercial location applications, like traffic and navigation, using the precise location of a wireless device.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Candidate will provide the full spectrum of Project Engineering providing support for Satellite and Mobile Communication solutions through both Research & Development (R&D) and Product lifecycles. This includes (but is not limited to): Network/System design process; BOM process (Creation to final); Work instructions for Production/ILS support; Diagrams; Engineering Change Notice (ECN); Training documentation input/support; Sales Engineering input/support; Customer requirements gathering support; and Program Management technical issue support. Individual will be responsible for the design, implementation, and operations of communication systems to include baseband equipment (from small initial entry systems to large transit cased solutions) and transmission equipment (terrestrial and celestial).
- Manage all technical aspects for assigned Projects from design thru full production to support.
- Gathers all the technical data for the system components and matches all configurations and diagrams into a working model to provide realistic feedback to the customer.
- Manage and monitor all technical related assets/personnel to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Ability to produce accurate, timely BOMs and assist with creation of work instructions.
- Familiarity with Change Management theory and practice.
- Expert knowledge level of Cisco networking required. VoIP/IP telephony, Security and/or Wireless experience are strongly desired.
- Strong MPLS experience is required
- Proven ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot complex topologies. Should be able to configure solution with no external help.
- Assist the assigned Program Manager with the technical aspects of the Project during its entire lifecycle.
- Assist the Production Section with the build of the system from start to the shipping.
- Assist ILS with post-delivery troubleshooting/support.
- Assist Sales Engineers with the design process to provide a solution that is viable for the customer.
- Assist the Product Line Manager with all technical aspects of the R&D Project(s).
- Duties will also include technical writing and the establishment of documentation guidelines, procedures, and templates and developing/coordinating final production of deliverables.
- Provide SME/Author level technical support for Major Captures.
- Responsible for system solutions, to include logical design, cost estimation, input to work breakdown schedule, satellite and terrestrial bandwidth requirements and hardware/software configuration (i.e. selection, bill of materials, design of final solution, etc.), and documentation, in support of customer requirements.
- Strong knowledge, exposure and/or experience of RF theory and equipment is desired. Knowledge should include VSAT and terrestrial RF (microwave, 802.11, WiMAX, etc).
- Ability to work in a growing and fluid fast paced technical environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage/mitigate change, provide technical program management and achieve results.
- Ability to perform systems simulations and analysis to support and validate the design of communication systems and networks.
- Possess well developed technical writing/editing and oral communication skills (For clients and Major Captures).
- Ability to interact comfortably and professionally with the client and coworkers.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and / or independently, with limited direction, to meet schedule and objectives.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience related to Network and/or Systems engineering.
- Must possess a minimum Secret Clearance or higher, -OR- eligible to obtain a US government issued Secret security clearance.
- Must be CCIE fully certified and certification number is required to be available for inclusion in TCS’s overall Cisco Partnership Program.
- Cisco Systems CCIE certification required (current & in good standing)
- Fixed/Deployable satellite system operations and maintenance training or related equivalent work experience.
- Minimum ten years experience operating and managing communication networks and systems
- Minimum seven years experience designing and installing communication systems
- Experience administering computer systems (Windows/Unix/Linux) desirable.
Telecommunication Systems - 10 months ago
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) develops and applies wireless data communications technology, with emphasis on text messaging, locatio...