The American Institutes for Research's (AIR) Health Program offers tremendous career opportunities at the heart of health care reform, evidence-based care and the future of public health. AIR health experts provide high-impact research, policy analysis, evaluation, communication, and technical assistance in a stable, yet growing and entrepreneurial environment. Our researchers apply diverse methodologies and interdisciplinary approaches to a variety of health issues, including health reform, delivery system improvement, health care cost and financing, performance measurement, access and disparities, and consumer engagement. Our communication work includes behavior-change communication, communication strategy, national health communication campaigns, and community engagement. Our pursuits are enhanced by the contributions of our web application, digital media, database management, conference planning, and creative and publication services groups. AIR’s Health Program offers a balance of depth, breadth, and collegiality in combination with professional development, leadership opportunities, competitive compensation, premier benefits and flexible work arrangements. Our work is mission-driven with a strong focus on improving the health and well-being of the American public, especially disadvantaged populations.
We are seeking a Senior Project Finance Specialist who has effective financial management, communications, project management and contract management, and monitoring and reporting skils for our Health Systems Innovations team. You will work with the Health Systems Innovation Director, Project Director, Task Leaders, and other Project staff to provide on-time, within-budget delivery of client services and products and ensure projects' contract compliance through effective project reporting, management, and administration services.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with all requirements for financial reporting, budget preparation, forecasting, monitoring of expenses, processing expense reports, vouchers, etc.
- Financial Reporting: Creates, maintains, and revises financial report forms.
- Budget Preparation and Forecasting: Creates budget planning tools; assists in developing, analyzing alternative options and revising yearly contract budget and monthly spend plans. Uses appropriate cost rates, such as overhead and G&A rates for budgets. Serves as liaison between AIR’s corporate business office and the client.
- Monitoring of Expenses: Reviews all expenses charged to contract to ensure charges are applied correctly. Researches financial issues, initiates account corrections, and ensures corrections are reflected in future financial data.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with requirements relating to exhibit financial management via financial reporting of all exhibit related expenditures, annual exhibiting budget preparation, monitoring of exhibit expenses, processing expense reports, vouchers, and staff training.
- Manages completion of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Narrative Reports working with contributors to submit timely and appropriate drafts, edits, formats, and writes a number of subsections including those on financial reporting, management processes, scheduling, etc., and creates several of the appendices.
- Maintains standards for effective management and administrative support for the project and implements and utilizes planning, scheduling, and tracking tools and systems .
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, or applicable field with 7-10 years experience in financial reporting, project management and administration or a Master’s Degree in with 3-5 years experience in financial reporting, project management and administration.
- Demonstrated ability with principles of bookkeeping, accounting, financial and budget planning, management, monitoring and analysis.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service.
- Ability to lead and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required.
- Ability to read and comprehend all levels of business and financial documents, including: contracts, statements of work, cost analyses, and budgets.
- Ability to produce analyses, data presentations, final reports and other materials that conform to meet with client, contractual, and corporate requirements.
- Experience in Government contracting and PMP certificates a plus.
- Availability and willingness to work hours, including weekend shifts, required to meet business and/or client demands.
- This position has access to highly sensitive, proprietary, and/or confidential information and as such is a "confidential" position.
American Institutes for Research - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...