PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CONSHOHOCKEN, PA - IT IS NOT A TELECOMMUTER POSITION - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.
Also Note: Will need to be degreed and a US Citizen or valid current Green Card Holder.
We are seeking a contract Senior Project Managers with significant experience leading healthcare related projects with a heavy emphasis on both application and infrastructure technologies to join their team. This position is a vital member of the IT Project Management Team. The Project Manager must have excellent time management skills to function in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating independent work skills, and strong work ethic. The Project Manager must be able to communicate clearly in both oral and written communication focusing on project delivery.
The qualified candidate will be an experienced Senior Project Manager, will have a strong technical background in both infrastructure and application technologies, and will have strong experience as a project manager for medium and large software development projects with healthcare experience. Experience with managing projects requiring various file format types including flat files, 834 and HL7 messaging is required. The Project Manager candidate will lead multiple healthcare related projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proven success and experience project managing middle to large customized technical projects
- Facilitates all project related status meetings and communications with IT team members and our Business Partners to ensure projects are on target to meet their deadlines.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to cross-functional team members and senior management.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Manages risks and mitigations accordingly.
- Creates and executes timely project work plans (including resource planning) with proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Responsible for time management tracking by project.
- Works effectively as a member of a team and independently.
- Maintains a high degree of customer/client/sponsor satisfaction while also maintaining necessary project controls.
- Demonstrates the ability to think outside the box while identifying potential problems and developing creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates consistent leadership and judgment
- Healthcare background required
- Must have a strong technical skillset in both infrastructure and application technologies
- Proven experience and track record of successfully developing and managing projects related to application implementations within the deadline and the budget.
- 7+ years of experience in a Project Management role including significant experience in implementation of large to medium size technical projects.
- Extensive experience with core Project Management tools including Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project 2007 Professional, Microsoft Sharepoint, Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0, Microsoft Office 2007 Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.), Team Foundation Server, and others.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to take ownership of projects assigned with successful deliveries.
- Ability to recognize and escalate situations as deemed necessary.
- Ability to address and resolve all issues utilizing the available resources in a timely and proficient manner.
- Extended working hours may be required as needed.
- Ability to travel as required by project. 20% nationwide.
- Knowledge of IT applications and resource teams.
- Experience supervising and/or managing resources.
- PMI certified preferred.
- BA/BS majoring in Accounting, Computer Science, Finance, Information Science, Business Management, or similar field
Q1 Technologies - 19 months ago