Employment Type: Full Time, Contract to Permanent
Qualifications: Bachelors + 7 years experience or masters + 3 years of experience in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Manage system installations as the primary project manager with oversight responsibility over engineering firms and subcontractors. Coordinate project schedules and installation activities between Cambrian and its customers, engineering firms, and subcontractors.
- Manage beta and pilot installations and provide critical quantitative feedback to Engineering to assist in the development process.
- Provide operational support of installed systems at customer sites including customer training, system monitoring, and fault detection.
- Periodically collect and analyze samples to measure system performance and operating efficiency.
- Perform first level field maintenance and repair on installed systems.
- Provide technical support for regional sales activities including the preparation of bids and proposals.
- Aid in product development activities with Cambrian Engineering.
- Provides critical input to resolve technical problems related to design, manufacturing, and fabrication.
- Education: Bachelors + 7 years experience or masters + 3 years of experience in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Excellent project management skills and use of project management tools including Microsoft Project.
- Excellent ability to interact with customers, including strong communication and presentation skills, affable, and demonstrated maturity and professionalism
- Demonstrated experience in process engineering and system integration, preferably in the food and beverage or wastewater industries.
- System design experience.
- Able to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Understanding of basic fabrication techniques.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills. Must exhibit strong leadership ability and have a professional demeanor.
Good to Have:
- Professional Engineer Certification
- Experience with biogas generation and wastewater treatment, and management of large-scale installations.
Basic Function: Growing start-up is seeking a dynamic project manager with a strong process engineering background to join the company’s field support team. Candidate will perform a variety of project management and field engineering tasks relating to Cambrian’s innovative EcoVolt wastewater treatment systems. This will include project management of site engineering and system installation requiring coordination between Cambrian and its customers, engineering firms, and sub-contractors. Candidate will provide operational support for installed systems at customer sites and will periodically collect and analyze samples to measure system performance and operating efficiency. Candidate will provide first level field maintenance and repair on installed systems. Candidate will provide technical support for regional sales activities including the preparation of bids and proposals. Candidate will manage contractor and vendor relationships as needed.
Candidates must have experience in water or chemical process design, strong communication skills, and an understanding of anaerobic digestion or related systems. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sustainability and the environment, will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, be self-motivated and have an interest in cutting edge technology.
Position is located in Santa Rosa, CA with the possibility of working from home. Candidates must reside in the Santa Rosa area; relocation will not be provided. Moderate travel will be required, including trips to Cambrian’s home office in Boston, MA. Eligible candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Karla Franco, Operations Director. Early applications are highly encouraged.
Company Description: Spun out of MIT in 2006, Cambrian Innovation is commercializing a portfolio of environmental solutions based on newly discovered electrically active microbes. By harnessing the power of bioelectricity and advances in electrochemistry, Cambrian Innovation’s products help industrial, agricultural, and government customers save money while recovering clean water and clean energy from wastewater streams. Our bio-electrogenic sensor platform enables low-cost, real-time monitoring of critical natural resources. At Cambrian Innovation our vision is simple: Industry is an ecosystem. Because the biological world is by definition sustainable, creative application of biological engineering is the best way to solve our most pressing environmental challenges. Cambrian Innovation’s solutions leverage advances in bioelectricity to help industrial and agricultural customers cut costs while meeting their environmental goals.