Senior Project Manager, Retail Insights (Job Number: 009510) |
Walgreen’s next stage of growth is coming from building meaningful relationships with our customers, which starts by leveraging our customer data. This position is at the center of that growth and will be responsible for generating business insights and providing thought leadership to create an exceptional customer experience for our most valuable retail consumers. This individual will actively influence the business and marketing teams by leading project scoping efforts and driving customer-driven business opportunities. The Sr. PM will proactively synthesize information across a variety of data sources, including internal customer data, syndicated data, primary research, and secondary sources. Responsible for identifying and leading customer opportunities, assessing the competitive landscape, prioritizing initiatives based on potential outcome, developing implementation plans, and measuring results. Must be skilled at building relationships with business managers based on customer insights, and in turning data into influential customer stories.
This role is responsible for managing projects independently across a broad range of business issues, leveraging insights from all departmental capabilities to influence strategies and tactics. Handles complex projects from start to finish and provides oversight, mentoring and coaching to junior Project Managers. Develops a deep understanding of the marketplace and uses competitive insights to help drive research-based actions throughout the company. Responsible for communicating back to the business groups to take action and presenting to all levels of management.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Manages research projects across a broad range of business issues, from start to finish within budget and on time to meet business units’ needs. Collaborates with internal teams across a broad range of business issues. Connects syndicated research, primary research, trend research and internal data to provide a complete consumer viewpoint, identify opportunities and make appropriate recommendations. Acts as an advocate for the consumer.
- Acts as an influencer and creates consensus with the business, building decisions by leading the business partners to a conclusion. Communicates effectively and makes actionable recommendations to executive management, business groups and marketing leaders, focused on consumer-centric insights. Provides excellent client service to internal clients, meeting appropriate deadlines. Tailors communications appropriately to different audiences. Helps business partners understand the importance of research and fact-based insights in business decisions.
- Builds an in-depth understanding of the client’s business group to be able to drive insights through the organization and acts as a resource to business partner. Maintains involvement in planning throughout the year and inspires the confidence of a broad scope of business partners, from line managers to Senior Management.
- Develops capabilities by working with industry and vendor experts to stay abreast of new developments in technology, methodology, and syndicated data advancement. Manages relationships with outside vendors, business partners and colleagues.
- Oversees and mentors junior Project Managers. Assists the Managers/Directors with complicated projects, broad implications and new methodologies.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years experience conducting business analysis OR High School Diploma/GED and 7 years experience conducting business analysis.
- At least 3 years of project management experience (planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 3 years experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues or trends to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- At least 3 years experience using business analytical skills to conduct analyses to evaluate business goals and facilitate recommendations
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Marketing knowledge
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
- Retail, CPG, and/or Health and wellness knowledge.
- Experience with retail data
Walgreens - 20 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every...