Senior Project Manager
“We make the mobile experience better.”
1OAK Technologies is on the fore-front of technological advancement. We are a team of brilliant minds developing the next revolutionary designs to turn the world on its head. We swim upstream, go against the grain, and step way outside the box to find and address the absolute latest in consumer needs and desires. We are currently looking for brilliant minds to join our team of technology ninjas…
Are you 1 Of A Kind?
The Basics: The Sr. Project Manager drives 1OAK products to market with a concentration on time and quality. Do you have the ridiculous ability to juggle details across multiple projects, inspire incredibly talented cross-functional teams, and meet aggressive deadlines without dropping anything? You will need to be knowledgeable in mobile technology in one or more of the following areas: energy management, RF, electro-magnetics, audio, visual, or advanced materials. The Sr. Project Manager demonstrates a servant leadership role, leading project teams to drive products to completion with a sense of urgency to meet a demanding mobile consumer electronics marketplace. This role acts as the key facilitator between the Product Development team members, the Program Manager (PMO), and Engineering Managers.
What You’ll Do (but not limited to):
- Plan, coordinate and direct a wide variety of tasks with technical team members, inspire, and advise a multi-disciplinary team of ID, ME, EE, SW, FW, and Optics engineers
- Apply the latest project management tools in a combined hardware and software environment. Instill PMO best Agile development practices, ensuring seamless transfer of information, product data, and accountability
- Among the technical team, facilitate Agile Product Development practices (attend daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, MVPs).
- Train less experienced staff on use of agile project management software tools to expedite hardware and software development
- Drive project workflow to meet deadlines. Build and maintain project schedules. Provide management with timely updates on progress of road-mapped projects
- Assist the marketing Product Portfolio Manager in development and maintenance of product roadmaps
- Provide overall project direction to cross-functional project teams
- Obtain and coordinate resources necessary for successful execution of tasks
- Interface with 3 rd party vendors and suppliers to ensure established timelines remain on schedule
- Influence and foster strong customer relationships
- Engage in team building, mentorship, and assignment & evaluation of team members’ work product
What You’re Made of:
You possess a love of technology, gadgets, and the mobile environment. You love working with top-notch hardware and software engineering talent. You have a technical background with experience in consumer electronics, embedded software, and technology project management. You have solid business acumen, exceptional communication skills, and a strong drive for results. You are interpersonally savvy, an excellent negotiator, a strong planner & problem-solver, and have great anticipatory skills. You are highly organized and are able to develop processes to speed-up product development in a start-up type environment. You demonstrate sound judgment under stress and possess superior instinctive, high quality decision-making.
What You Need (but not limited to):
- A passion for new product design & development, and a passion for product excellence
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), in a technical field. A dditional experience, education, and knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management preferred
- 6-10 years of experience in Technology Project Management in the fast-paced mobile technology environment
- 5+ years of experience in hybrid Agile Product Development environments doing both hardware and software product development. PMP and/or PMI-ACP certifications desirable
- Knowledgeable of electronics manufacturing and supply chain processes, preferably in consumer electronics
- Ability to manage multiple projects from concept to completion, simultaneously
- Intense attention to detail
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office® and Microsoft Project®
- Experience with Agile Project Management software tools. Ability to quickly learn new software tools, especially Project Management software programs
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter with strong leadership potential to advise, inspire, and mentor. Progressive, flexible, and team-oriented and enthusiastic!
1OAK Technologies - 10 months ago