This is a key position to the success of the Information Technology Division. It has the prime responsibility of managing large and highly complex projects undertaken by the group and ensuring that timelines are communicated and met. This role will manage and coordinate all aspects of the project life cycle and provide the link between users, administrators, programmers, analysts and other members of the IT department. Working with the IT Team members and the IT Director this position will manage the activities for new projects that are undertaken, work with the group to determine system specification, establish and monitor project milestones, coordinate all contact with customers, take a lead role in establishing user processes, supervise training and implementation. While the position does not specifically supervise any member of the department, the Project Manager will assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, develop project schedules and is responsible for determining and acquiring resources needed. The project manager will make use of strong interpersonal skills to organize and manage project activities, as well as performing tasks such as training, implementation and maintenance at some level in order to work with and understand issues faced by other members of the project group. This position will work closely with IT Director regarding the general direction of the project group, human resources, budget, and organization.
Provide complete Project Management
- Develop and maintain project plan
- Develop and maintain timelines for project activity
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Coordinate and manage all meetings and activities
- Establish project scope and resource management
- Assigns individual responsibilities of team members and establish deadlines for each
- Determine and acquire resources needed
Work with IT Analysts and others on Application and Interface testing, training and implementation
- Use system and healthcare experience to manage project team evaluation and testing of application features and interfaces
- Lead users in selecting appropriate training methodologies and timelines
- Manage and coordinate user training with customer departments and other IT departments
- Manage problem solving with analysts of all implementation issues
- Manage project team members and external groups (including internal audit) to establish and conduct testing
- Manage resources to ensure resolution of all testing problems within established timelines.
Serves in a leadership capacity in the development or procurement and implementation of new software/hardware.
- Assumes a leadership role in guiding the organization toward the most cost efficient and effective solution such as those that require long range planning and involve preparations such as capital budget.
- Leads the assessment and documentation of user needs
- Guides the investigation of solution options
- Leads the procurement team in development of IFB, RFI or RFP documents and contracts
- Establishes evaluation criteria to be used in evaluating proposals
- Organizes system demonstrations and leads the procurement team in evaluation of the proposed software applications or hardware.
- Organizes and directs functional evaluation of new or upgraded software applications or hardware.
- Develops testing plans, organizes and leads testing group which consists of users and other IT staff
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation according to upgrade testing policy, project methodology and other policies of IT and ACH.
- Seeks new challenges and is self-directed in identifying resources/learning activities to enhance competence
- Consistently demonstrates that new knowledge and skills gained from education are incorporated into actual practice.
- Uses role modeling skills to promote positive outcomes and professionalism within the IT Division
- Takes a lead role in sharing knowledge and expertise with other IT staff and other members of the organization
- Takes a leadership role in developing policies and procedures that support the department and ACH goals and objectives
- Works to reduce duplication of effort within the department and ACH whenever possible
- Actively participates in process and quality improvement
- Stays abreast of vendors and MUSE organization website features and information
Planning and budgeting
- Assists director in planning and budgeting for capital and operating budget
- Strives to improve financial performance for user departments in addition to own department including revenue, expenses and productivity
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
• Field of Study: Computer Science, Accounting Business Administration, Project Management or Healthcare field
• Experience Substitution: Or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5 years total experience required
which includes 5 years of system implementation and maintenance experience
5 years system implementation and maintenance experience
5 years management of data in a healthcare environment experience
3 years planning and budgeting experience
Excellent business acumen and ability to communicate with all members of the organization
Exceptional ability to manage the implementation of computerized solutions to business problems
Proven ability to strategically analyze situations and consider situations in a global perspective
Proven ability to be creative and find innovative solutions to complex problems
Keen analytical skills and an eye for detail
Occasional night, weekend, and holiday work
Occasional off-campus, and overnight travel
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 35 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 50 pounds
• (Manage safely with assistance of equipment or another person)
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 12 months ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...