As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Representing CDM Smith at certain conferences to meet potential clients and present papers.
• Actively participating and assisting in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, and business operations planning.
• Planning, developing, coordinating, and managing large and complex projects for the chemical and/or pharmaceutical clients.
• Coordinating, reviewing and managing the work of engineering staff
• Preparing budgets, estimates and proposals including staffing needs, and scheduling and assigning work to meet completion date
• Performing complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
• Managing multiple large, complex engineering projects concurrently within the industrial sector from early concept development through detailed design and construction
• Serves as a mentor and leader of project teams.
• Leading proposals teams and developing project approaches that lead to project wins
• Effectively working with lead practitioners, quality managers, and key technical specialists.
• Preparing and monitoring project budgets and schedules in conjunction with assisting in negotiation of contracts and amendments.
• Identifying opportunities with existing clients, particularly by expanding service offerings.
• Developing proposals, scopes of work, engineering plans, specifications, permitting, subcontractor oversight and project documentation.
• B.S. in engineering, chemical engineering or science
• At least 7 to 10 years of experience since B.S.
• Registration as a licensed P.E. for Engineers, PG for Geologists, or Masters Degree for Scientists.
• Experience managing environmental, facilities and construction projects for industrial clients particularly in the Chemical and/or pharmaceutical market sectors.
• Have exemplary skills in communicating project findings to technical and nontechnical audiences.
• Experience working for (in a consulting capacity) Fortune 500 chemical and/or pharmaceutical companies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.