As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Representing CDM Smith at certain conferences to meet potential clients and present papers.
• Actively participating and assisting in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, and business operations planning.
• Planning, developing, coordinating, and managing large and complex projects for the chemical and/or pharmaceutical clients.
• Coordinating, reviewing and managing the work of engineering staff
• Preparing budgets, estimates and proposals including staffing needs, and scheduling and assigning work to meet completion date
• Performing complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
• Managing multiple large, complex engineering projects concurrently within the industrial sector from early concept development through detailed design and construction
• Serves as a mentor and leader of project teams.
• Leading proposals teams and developing project approaches that lead to project wins
• Effectively working with lead practitioners, quality managers, and key technical specialists.
• Preparing and monitoring project budgets and schedules in conjunction with assisting in negotiation of contracts and amendments.
• Identifying opportunities with existing clients, particularly by expanding service offerings.
• Developing proposals, scopes of work, engineering plans, specifications, permitting, subcontractor oversight and project documentation.
• B.S. in engineering, chemical engineering or science
• At least 7 to 10 years of experience since B.S.
• Registration as a licensed P.E. for Engineers, PG for Geologists, or Masters Degree for Scientists.
• Experience managing environmental, facilities and construction projects for industrial clients particularly in the Chemical and/or pharmaceutical market sectors.
• Have exemplary skills in communicating project findings to technical and nontechnical audiences.
• Experience working for (in a consulting capacity) Fortune 500 chemical and/or pharmaceutical companies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
CDM Smith - 13 months ago