This position exists to effectively initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects assigned. The Senior Project Manager works collaboratively with all stakeholders, including clients, project team, sub-contractors, public agencies and internal management to ensure project success. A Senior Project Manager is also responsible for mentoring and training of other Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
Position is located within Home Office or nearest CHR Solutions Office.
1. Actively manage scope, schedule, and budget for assigned projects which will include making critical, goal-oriented decisions.
2. Collaborate with CHR Sales/Practice teams and client to accurately assess the client’s project needs and help develop a contract and/or Scope of Work that accurately reflects these needs.
3. Identify, meet and/or exceed client expectations within defined parameters related to project delivery.
4. Communicate effectively with all levels including clients, project resources, engineers, sub-contractors, public entities, and internal management.
5. Provide coaching and instruction to Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
6. Create and maintain project plans to provide active management of project schedule.
7. Maintain comprehensive, accurate client records and data files.
8. Coordinate with functional departments to determine staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
9. Escalate issues to management when issues impact timeline, scope, quality, or budget; provide recommendations for issue resolution to assist in decision making.
10. Direct the planning, scheduling, and execution of team and client meetings to ensure proper project tracking and timely resolution to action items and issues.
11. Reporting to stakeholder on status of milestones achievement, schedule and budget through preparation of project reports.
1. Financial responsibilities include:
a. Tracking and reporting on project budget status to clients and CHR management and controlling project cost
b. Review of charges and invoices for completeness and accuracy
c. Researching and resolving billing questions with project resources and assist with invoice preparation to get invoices to client according to schedule.
d. Responsible for project progress reporting for revenue recognition calculations and project budget management for revenue reporting.
2. Average Senior Project Manager handles 4 Engineering Clients with 10 or more simultaneous projects with project values ranging from thousands of dollars to multi-million dollar projects.
Education and Experience Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university. Engineering or other technical degree preferred.
2. Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
3. Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) strongly desired.
4. Eight or more years of progressive project management experience.
5. Five years of experience in Telecom Industry strongly desired.
6. Knowledge of RUS processes and procedures.
7. Knowledge of Network Engineering including voice, data and security principles.
8. Experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing multiple high-risk, high-visibility, large-scale projects from definition through implementation involving internal personnel and consultants.
9. Project management experience that includes client-facing project coordination.
10. Experience building collaborative environments, team cultures, and customer service mindset among project teams.
11. Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Applications (Project, Visio, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
1. Ability to operate copier, fax, phone, and other office equipment as needed
2. A person in this position must be able to hear, see, speak, and walk.
3. A person in this position must be able to travel up to 50% by car and/or plane, may include weekend travel. Ability to travel internationally is required for some positions. Current valid driver’s license requi
CHR Solutions now provides a full spectrum of telecommunications, business consulting and information technology (IT) services. We help...