We have an opening in our New York office for a senior technical project manager.
You will be responsible for hands-on technical management of e-Commerce implementations on the CTS Commerce Platform. These involve complex integration workflows between CTS, third party software, and vendor systems.
You’ll be responsible for gathering and documenting technical requirements; creating and tracking technical project plans; managing project budget; and coordinating software development, quality assurance testing, and release management.
You should have at least eight years of experience managing software projects, ideally in eCommerce or another transaction-based industry. If you’ve managed products or projects using a structured, iterative software development methodology such as Agile or Scrum, that’s even better.
Our ideal candidate is a developer who transitioned into a project manager role and now leads complex projects using some form of agile (we use ScrumBan). You might have people management experience; it’s not a strict requirement of this role but you will be expected to mentor junior team members to some degree.
And of course, you have to have a mastery of the basics. You need to be a team player and a problem-solver; have excellent communication and social skills; and be able to organize time effectively (for yourself and for others) while working to tight deadlines and budgets.
Skills & Experience
- Chair meetings with stakeholders and clients to gather functional and technical requirements of end-to-end eCommerce and integration projects
- Draft and maintain requirements documentation to specify business processes and workflows
- Coordinate the work of a project team of architects, creatives, developers, QA testers, and operations engineers using collaboration and workflow tools, scrum meetings, and good old-fashioned sit-downs
- Develop and manage project plans, schedules, project tracking, milestone deliveries, and status reports for multiple projects
- Track defects and help the development and QA teams troubleshoot issues
- Manage project budget
- Manage and coordinate software releases working with the in-house operations team, clients, and third parties
These will make you stand out:
- Impressive knowledge of eCommerce best practices and how it affects implementation - from product discovery through checkout to online marketing and integration with third-party vendors.
- A strong understanding of server-side and client-side web technologies and different software development methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills for solving impossible problems
- Wonderful communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative approaches to managing (and reducing!) information overload
- A level of energy and a sense of urgency that motivates and impresses others
- MS Office skills
- Hands-on technical development experience of front-end or server-side technologies or both
- MS Project, Visio, Sharepoint, and TFS
- MS Excel wizardry
- A completely different background that doesn’t fit any of the above but still makes us want to meet you