Digital River , founded in 1994, is a global leader in cloud commerce outsourcing that builds and manages online businesses for more than 40,000 software publishers, manufacturers, distributors, and online retailers. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a commerce operation. The comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud prevention, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multilingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DRIV) headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices and more than 1400 employees located across the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
The Senior Project Manager works closely with all internal delivery teams to manage client e-commerce deliverables through to launch on a client-dedicate team. In this role, the Sr. Project Manager is responsible for working with the client and internal delivery teams such as Development, Site Design, Quality Assurance, and others to establish process and manage delivery throughout the implementation. The profile of the client the Sr. Project Manager will manage is complex in nature with customizations or unique requirements.
- Work with internal and external clients to define project requirements
- Develop knowledge of site functionality at both the front end and backend levels to better manage all technical deliverables
- Review defect log and assign to appropriate internal team for resolution
- Troubleshoot defects with internal teams to determine owners and expected outcome
- Facilitate internal and client project meetings to drive results and timeline
- Manage multiple key projects at a time, with accountability to prioritize work and ensure all project timelines are met.
- Manage risks and issues effectively by resolving or escalating to the appropriate individuals.
- Monitor project progress and report performance against plan
- Maintain project documentation according to team methodology (risk and issue log, project plan, change control, status reports, etc.).
- Manage and validate capacity plans for internal development teams.
- Create development status report to ensure it ties with capacity plans.
- B.A. or B.S. in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years direct experience as a project manager or delivery manager on E-Commerce or internet/IT related projects.
- Strong understanding of and experience managing projects within Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiar with back end database driven web concepts including XML and SQL
- Experience integrating websites with third party applications that leverage EDI and/or SOAP
- Must be able to proficiently use MS Project to build complex project plans
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XSLT preferred
- Experience managing multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Proven ability to assess and prioritize changing variables quickly and accurately
- Ability to get results in a complex, often ambiguous environment
- Business requirements gathering skills
- Good verbal and written communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills with a strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to understand and explain technical concepts to all audiences within all levels of an organization
- Strong team contribution and interaction; positive team member
- Ability to direct and team members who may not have direct reporting relationship through leadership and influence
- Demonstrated ownership of work/ proactive attempts to clarify or correct inconsistencies in assigned work.
- Effective conflict resolution skills demonstrated.
- Consistent demonstrated ability to be autonomous, self- directed
- Capability of establishing priorities for assigned tasks.
- Consistent ability to remain flexible and shift priorities when necessary.
- Demonstrated professionalism in work quality, communication and sensitivity towards client communications.
- Awareness of changes in technical areas and some degree of proactive response to changing needs.
- Drives demonstrated cooperation from other groups and offers assistance for additional projects.
- Flexibility to travel, both domestic and international
Standard benefits include a competitive benefits package to all regular, full-time employees, a 401(k) plan with an aggressive company match, employee stock purchase plan, medical-dental-vision and life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, a flexible spending/cafeteria plan, holiday and vacation days.
- 4 yr degree in Computer Science or other technology related field.
- 8-10 years technical analysis related experience
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
- Flexibility in supporting global, online sales channel is a must.
- Must be available for on-call, and holiday support when needed.
Digital River, Inc. supports and embraces a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.
Digital River, Inc. - 10 months ago