GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Mil/Aero Products Project Manager is responsible for leading Mil/Aero Product Developments to meet quality, NRE cost, product cost, schedule and requirements.
• Provides project specific direction and work leadership to professional and technical staff
• Responsible for driving product developments to meet cost, schedule and quality requirements
• Technology point of contact for Customer and internal groups such as Manufacturing and Program Management.
• Leads review meetings at engineering tollgates.
• Reviews product specifications and facilitates requirements capturing, tracking, and verification throughout the program
• Oversees the design and configuration management of the product to meet internal and customer requirements.
• Responsible for tracking the development from engineering design to production.
• Supervises hardware and software integration as well as debug and troubleshooting efforts.
• Reviews and approves test plans, procedures, and reports.
• Tracks engineering tasks to ensure progress is made per established project schedules and budgets.
• Identifies, reports, and makes mitigation recommendations regarding any risks or issues which may affect program performance, delivery, or cost.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business management field
• Minimum of 5 years experience in engineering development
• 2 plus years in an engineering management or program management position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Ability to effectively conceive and communicate ideas and requirements to an engineering team.
• Ability to communicate effectively with product managers, the commercial team, manufacturing and customers
• Demonstrated capability to develop schedules and budgets and manage to those schedules/budgets
• In-depth knowledge of at least two of the following: Mechanical, Software, Electrical, Test or Computer Engineering and must be able to effectively conceive, understand and communicate ideas and requirements within all engineering disciplines and manufacturing areas.
• Experience applying ISO9000 or AS9100 processes to engineering development activities
• Knowledge and understanding of various Military and commercial standards
• Background in trouble shooting and reliability
• Experience in DFM/DFT
• 6 Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt (GE employees only)
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart