Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG. www.greatamericaninsurancegroup.com .
Our IT Infrastructure Services Department is hiring a Senior Project Manager. This position will assist in managing Infrastructure projects and developing work standards and processes.
Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing / managing schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
Troubleshoots complex issues and risks, coordinates integration of various modules and ensures compliance with expected quality standards.
Ensures optimum utilization of resources and management of budgetary targets to meet goals.
Negotiates / sets / clarifies customer expectations. Communicates project status to ensure customer satisfaction.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 or more years of Project Management experience
- IT Infrastructure project management experience is a key selection criteria
- PMP is preferred
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with associates at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative.
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...