Istonish is a minority owned, privately-held, award-winning business enterprise, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices located in Texas, Minnesota, and Wyoming. When you join Istonish, you become a part of the team dedicated to delivering outstanding technical and customer service to our clients.
Istonish is seeking seasoned Project Managers to lead the project management services supporting the build and implementation of a comprehensive, distributed Information Technology solution. This goal of this project is to replace a 25 year old mainframe system with a new Software as a Service (SaaS) system. This solution is being developed for a 4 party consortium. This position will work on behalf of the consortium Project Management Office (PMO). The Project Manager will work as part of a team that includes a Project Administrator, a Project Communication Officer, a Project Risk Management Officer, and a Project Quality Officer.
Qualified candidates will need to provide project and technical references (3 each) that are able to validate cited skills and experience and be able to submit sample work product(s). Significant travel is expected. Experience in managing government IT projects, specifically in the areas of Unemployment Insurance, Financial Accounting, Case Management, Tax Collection, or Claim Processing is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business, Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science (CS), or Project Management (PM)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of verifiable experience performing Project Management functions in an Information Technology environment (including software, hardware, and network infrastructures), specifically one or more projects exceeding $10 million in services over a 2+ year timeline in a distributed environment involving multiple vendors
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) credentials
- Experience managing iterative IT development projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) guidelines
- Hands-on experience using one or more project management methodologies and associated tools and metrics
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all aspects of system/software development including SaaS model solutions, with an understanding of software, hardware, and network infrastructure as it relates to software development and deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in translating technical terms/concepts into language that can be easily understood by non-technical individuals and in managing relationships across internal and external stakeholders
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
o Master/Detailed Work Schedules and/or Iterative Cycle Development Plans
- Lead, support, and contribute to PM services required to successfully deliver this large application development project
- Assemble, analyze and evaluate data and to be able to make appropriate, well-reasoned and evidence based recommendations and decisions to support the business stakeholders and the project team
- Develop, manage, deliver, and retain critical project artifacts, including, but not limited to:
o Project Status Report
o Project Cost Reports (budget vs actual & variance)
o Issue/Risk Logs
o Action Item and Decision Logs
o Team Directory Lists
o Deliverable/Product Acceptance Management Logs
o Requirements Traceability Matrix documents
o Major Milestone and Post-Implementation Reports, including lessons learned
o Closeout Phase Surveys
Report directly to the PMO Primary Point of Contact (PPOC) and serve as PPOC for all of this project's PM perssonnel.
- Advise Executive, Ste ering, and Governance Committees on issues/topics related to vendor performance /management, change management, and overall project status
- Maintain and complete this project within budget and on schedule
- Coordinate and manage approval and distribution of all Executive Committee, Steering Committee, and PMO meeting agendas and minutes
Istonish - 20 months ago
We help you do more with less.
Technology can be complicated. But, what we do for our clients is simple. Istonish helps you accomplish...