The Facilities Engineering and Planning Department at Rice University is responsible for the processes associated with new construction and renovation projects. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the oversight of multiple projects and will be involved in the execution of the design and construction process including site assessment, site selection, programming, pre-design, design and construction. The Senior Project Manager supervises the work of project managers.
Architecture, architectural engineering, engineering or a related field.
May substitute additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the education requirement.
10 years or more
Project management experience in commercial or institutional design and construction with some experience supervising two or more project managers.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Professional registration such as registered architect in the state of Texas, PE or an MBA.
Other Skills Required
- Must be able to plan and effectuate project decision-making processes.
- Must be able to coordinate work of many on a project team as well as plan personal time and productivity to meet pressing deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations and critical issues with diplomacy.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team, receiving direction from various team leaders.
- Must be a good listener, and an effective and persuasive communicator.
- Must be creative, with good evaluation and critical thinking skills.
Emphasis in lab design and construction.
Other Skills Preferred
Banner, FAMIS skills.
Must be able to conduct construction site inspections during the entire course of construction.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Work environment includes construction site with associated temporary construction offices. Senior Project Manager may be exposed to weather extremes such as rain, heat, cold, etc. This position is considered essential during a campus emergency. The incumbent in this position is expected to report to campus, provide the essential services designated and work under the overall direction of the Crisis Management Team for the duration of a campus emergency. This may include working in flood or storm conditions to repair or restore damaged facilities and Distribution systems.
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...