Join the Software Specialists Winning Team! We have an exciting opening for a Sr Project Manager with a progressive client in Columbia, SC. This is a (1 Year) Contract Opportunity . Excellent communication skills required.
This is a W2 contract opportunity
- Competitive Salary Structure
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
*Must Have Recent Hands-on SDLC/Application Development PM Experience*
The General and Administrative (G&A) PMO provides project management for all projects for internal customers in the HR, Finance, General Services, and Legal departments of the company, and also for all projects for the I/S division.
- Responsible for all project management activities in a matrixed project environment utilizing waterfall/PMBOK-based methodology.
- Responsible for authoring (using input from project team) required project documentation, including scope document, design document, and implementation document.
- Responsible for facilitating the WBS process and translating WBS into an MS-Project project schedule, detailed to an 8/80 level of granularity.
- Responsible for keeping the project schedule updated throughout the project lifecycle, and for managing a change control process to reflect changes in requirements, deliverables, dates, or budget.
- Responsible for facilitating the identification of project risks and issues, and tracking these through the project life cycle.
- Responsible for coordination of customer testing, with the assistance of a Test Analyst on larger projects. Responsible for scheduling, facilitating and recapping project team meetings. Responsible for the escalation of project issues, and for communications of project status to all levels of management on both customer and I/S side.
- Develops and monitors project plans, risk management plans, and project documentation from scope to post implementation. Ensures project documentation and deliverables are complete, on budget, within scope, and in accordance with standards. Identifies items that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort. Ensures resources are assigned to meet project objectives while managing project hours budgeted.
- Responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of project communications. Facilitates effective communications between all parties involved in the project and/or work efforts. This will include meetings, correspondence, status reports and other documentation. Manages the project issues throughout the project life cycle.
- Communicates the implications of changes to the project scope with senior management and other appropriate parties.
- Responsible for ensuring all work efforts have appropriate documentation for audit purposes utilizing project methodology standards in accordance with the ISSM.
About Software Specialists, Inc:
- Bachelor Degree --OR-- Extra 4 Years Work-Related Experience Required
- 7 Years SDLC PM Experience Required
- MS Office Proficiency (7 Years Experience Required)
- 5 Years MS Project Experience Required
- 5 Years SharePoint Nice to Have
- Experience Working in a Matrixed Environment Required
- Must Have Experience in a Formal PMO setting, with a rigid & mature methodology, in a large software company.
- PMP Highly Desired
- ITAM Experience a Plus
Software Specialists is a company with extensive consulting experience in the Information Technology Industry. Incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania in 1998, we bring over a decade of experience in providing IT talent to Fortune 1000 companies.
Our experience in providing thousands of consultants has taught us that customers require contractors with more than just the technical knowledge. Team work, cultural fit, and attitude are as equally important as aptitude. From one position to 100, Software Specialists is focused on finding the "Smart Fit" for our clients needs. This has made us not just one of the fastest growing Information Technology consulting firms in the country but a trusted advisor to our customers in their talent acquisition process.
As a trusted partner, Software Specialists provides consulting solutions for our Clients that are not only flexible, but minimize risk while maximizing results and meeting their business goals. Recruiting and retaining the highest caliber resources ensures our consultants are capable of creating systems that our Clients can build upon to make their organizations more robust, agile and equipped for future shifts in the I.T. and global business world.
Java/J2EE, .NET, Mainframe, Unix, Linux, Oracle, SQL, SAP, PeopleSoft, Project Management, Business Analysis, Data warehousing and others
JobServe USA - 20 months ago